Archer C7, wifi randomly turns off, 0% no clients

seems to be on both openwrt 18 and lede..

It always says 0% when no clients are connected. What exactly is the problem you encountered? Can WiFi clients connect or not?

copy syslog output and paste here

I will paste syslog output next time it happens, i find out that it is not turning off but instead it drops everybody and when you try to reconnect on win10 at least, it says "Can't connect to this network", but disabling and reenabling the wireless network in luci fixes the problem

I have the same issue, after about a week of perfect run all the wifi clients were disconnected.
The LAN was working fine.

I just started the system log, so I should have some debug data when it happens again.

Same thing happens here on an Archer C7 v2 Openwrt 18, no one can connect.

It's only the 2.4GHz that does this, if I could I'd force everyone to use the 5GHz I would but there are some that don't support it.

Hi,
I had this issue quite often, so I have decided to try the 19.07.0-rc1.
Everything works fine so far (I have it about a week).

Any more news?

1 Like

I'm running 19.07-rc2, and 2.4Ghz has been good for about a week. I also added a second access point as the problem seemed related to the amount of data going through the 2.4Ghz radio, once I got around the 200GB traffic mark SH#@ hit the fan.

It's going to be a lot longer for me to be 100% sure it's working well.

Still disconnects constantly. I am getting so pissed off
Why tf is nobody doing anything about it?

Firmware Version

OpenWrt 19.07.0 r10860-a3ffeb413b / LuCI openwrt-19.07 branch git-20.006.26738-35aa527
ath79

Well i installed the latest snapshot https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ath79/generic/openwrt-ath79-generic-tplink_archer-c7-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
going to see if it fixes it.

also:
opkg update
opkg install luci

to get the GUI back