Archer C7 vs Xiaomi AIoT Router AC2350

Hello there! I have a couple of devices and I am kind of lost when comparing them. Its evident that 5 GHz is faster on the Xiaomi but not sure with CPU is stronger in order to handle all routing tasks and not only as an access point. Specs seems almost identical. Here is a quick table comparing them:

Model SOC CPU MHZ Flash MB RAM MB WLAN Hardware
AIoT Router AC2350 Qualcomm Atheros QCA9563 775 16 128 Qualcomm Atheros QCA9563, Qualcomm Atheros QCA9988
Archer C7 AC1750 Qualcomm Atheros QCA956X 775 16 128 Qualcomm Atheros QCA9563, Qualcomm Atheros QCA9880

Xiaomi promotes that router as being able to handle lots of connected devices due to its very strong CPU but seems to be almost the same as Archer which in here is constantly regarded as a week CPU option.

Based on the model name AIoT, I can imagine they manage(d) to have lot of IoT devices (128 they claim) connected to it.
Devices that generally don't generate a lot of traffic, which would put the CPU under a lot of stress.

Many connected devices doesn't necessarily mean a lot of traffic, think 128 wifi enabled smart power switches, dish washers, freezers, robot vacuums, the list gets long ...

I reckon other than maybe a tiny difference those SoCs are exactly the same. Yes, those MIPS SoCs are entry-level nowadays. Raw CPU power will be as good as identical between both.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.