Archer C7 V2 Troubleshooting Drops (Logs)

@moogleslam I've out some help here ( Ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: SWBA overrun on vdev 0, skipped old beacon ) and here ( State of Archer C7 v2 in mid-2020 ) .

1 Like

@Catfriend1 First of all, awesome username. Second, if you can fix anyone's Archer C7 V2 wifi drops, I applaud you. I also really appreciate you responding.

However, I'm a total idiot when it comes to this stuff, so I'd need a lot of handholding to help me understand what to do. I downloaded your openwrt-19.07.4-mesh.zip file. I see it has two V2 related .bin files in it so extracted those. Is it as simple as flashing one (which?) in LuCi > System > Backup / Flash Firmware > Flash Image...?

I see you talking about something needing 30GB.... was that just you when compiling, or do I need 30GB for something?

Then your other link talks about scripts and needing a couple of packages. I'm lost.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge!

It's okay if you flash the -sysupgrade.bin via web UI. The 30gb must be free if you want to compile yourself but that isn't necessary if using my files.

1 Like

Okay, flashed successfully; I did keep settings, not sure if I should have? Maybe a clean slate would have been better? Thank you!

Should be okay . If wifi is not starting, grab a fresh /etc/config/wireless . This can happen if you've used a radius config or mesh config before but in most cases it's okay to keep settings.

1 Like

To my knowledge, I haven't used either, but :man_shrugging:

As for the mesh part, not sure if relevant, but I don't have a mesh setup; Router is only AP.

Under Status > Memory, the Used line seems a lot lower than normal (34 MB at the moment); this because of reboot after flashing, or maybe your firmware using less memory? Maybe didn't pay enough attention before, but curious, and cautiously optimistic. Think this is my last shot at this. Have Ubiquiti Dream Machine & their MeshPoint in my Amazon cart, just in case....

1 Like

I can tell you my experience

My wifi is unstable same as yours, some times it die, so i don't use routing features on my archer c7

It is in AP Mode, so it was doing only layer 2 networking

I will try to post a log when it was happen.

Because packet loss and died wifi are annoying

1 Like