Archer C7 v2 - Resetting Router To Stock OpenWrt

I'm at the end of my rope trying to install YAMon on my TP-Link Archer C7 v2 (AC 1750).
I figure I'll try again but first I want to zero the box.
What's the best way to get the router back to vanilla OpenWRT with no additional packages?
Also, is there any way to change the size of the partitions? When I log it with PuTTY I get a message that memory is full in /overlay but I see plenty of space left in /tmp. Can I reallocate the unused memory to the full partition?

To factory Reset from Luci select:

System->Backup/Flash Firmware->Reset to Defaults (Perform Reset)

TMP is not flash but a virtual disk located in RAM and it's contents are lost everytime you reboot.

1 Like

Good opportunity to update to 19.07.3 as well. If you do, you can deselect the option to keep settings, and that will also reset it to defaults during the upgrade.

Ahhh... So the AC1750 has only 128 MB of RAM. Gotcha. I mean, I guess I could have inferred as much from the 'Memory' section in Luci...

Thanks; that did it!

1 Like

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

Done! Thanks for the tip.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.