I was running the optimized openwrt with fast path for the C7 (V5) which is based out of the ath79k target.
I wanted to update to the latest 19 RC2 since fast path was added officialy, however,after doing so my 2.4ghz wlan started acting up:
- Radio name changed from QCAxxxxxx to Generic 802.1bgn (even when reverting it back)
- Clients cannot see it for quite a few minutes after boot
- Once they can see it ,it is very unstable(jitter of >300ms, packet loss of 10%+), speed was maximum of 5mbps. tried multiple configs.
- I can scan other clients with it at any time.
- Mac address is detected properly, also country code
- Tried going back to stock, i am able to see the 2.4 briefly after boot, but then it goes away.
- Went back to openWRT 19 RC2 (tried stable as well, no luck)
I guess i may have screwed a firmware or something?
Pastebin of dmesg:
IW DEV (5ghz is disabled, but works fine):
root@OpenWrt:~# iw dev phy#1 Interface wlan1 ifindex 8 wdev 0x100000002 addr <removed> ssid OpenWrt444 type AP channel 11 (2462 MHz), width: 20 MHz, center1: 2462 MHz txpower 24.00 dBm multicast TXQ: qsz-byt qsz-pkt flows drops marks overlmt hashcoltx-bytes tx-packets 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 00
lsmod | grep ath
ath 18240 5 ath9k,ath9k_htc,ath9k_common,ath9k_hw,ath10k_core ath10k_core 319344 1 ath10k_pci ath10k_pci 25168 0 ath9k 95600 0 ath9k_common 11232 2 ath9k,ath9k_htc ath9k_htc 52976 0 ath9k_hw 343456 3 ath9k,ath9k_htc,ath9k_common cfg80211 221232 6 ath9k,ath9k_htc,ath9k_common,ath10k_core,ath,mac80211 compat 5888 7 ath9k,ath9k_htc,ath9k_common,ath10k_pci,ath10k_core,mac80211,cfg80211 mac80211 443008 3 ath9k,ath9k_htc,ath10k_core usbcore 128080 4 ath9k_htc,ledtrig_usbport,ehci_platform,ehci_hcd
Screenshot of wireless tab:
(i cannot embed one more image, but here it is scanning other clients)