Archer C60 v3 Wireless limit of 100mbps

Hello there

I have an Archer C60 v3 running OpenWRT 19.07.7, everything is OK, 2,4ghz, 5ghz etc

I made a test using iperf3 on a notebook and a smartphone connected over 5ghz, both seeing the advertised speed of 433/433mbps, yet iperf3 tests never passes 100mbps

The archer has 5 physical ports, one WAN and 4 LAN that are 10/100mbps

Could it be that the physical port limit of 100mbps affects wireless transfer?

Thanks.

yes, if you have wan(access) through ethernet port.

2 Likes

Well, that explains it, the archer is configured as a dumb ap with one of the Lan ports connected to a 1gbps switch

So if I want higher wireless speed transfers, I need a router with gigabit ports correct?

Thanks.

correct assessment.

1 Like

What I do not know.
If we connect a 1 lan port and 1 wan port, in the lan ports of the isp router, they can be added together to now have a limit of 200 mbps.

it's possible?

vlan = lan port + wan port
or with mwan3, i think

Can't add them together 100 + 100 will still max out at 100mbit, but the maximum throughput will be 200.

It's link aggregation.

And with mwan3 ?

No idea, if mwan3 could be used as a load balancer, then perhaps it could work.

But I think it'll max out at 100 anyway, it'll probably not be capable of splitting traffic from one source/IP across two interfaces.

AP with multi wan(access)

with different interface, mac address and ip (private ip)
maybe :thinking:

The CPU port (switch side) of this router is most likely limited to 100 MBit/s anyways.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.