Archer C50 v4 Mac80211 Loses Internet Access after 20'+ Away from Router But Maintains Connection

Since I'm using openWRT, the DFS channels aren't usable from the UI, I wonder why, but the channel 36 seems to be the best bandwidth vs other channels.

You can use 36 – 48 and 149 – 165 (not 52 – 64 / 100 – 140)

thanks @darkmaxx1 for figuring out what channels works. I only tested 149 and it do work for me. It wasn't as straight forward as changing it in Luci UI. I the command rm -f /etc/config/wireless then wifi config in via ssh. Back in Luci UI, i reconfigured both wireless. the 2.4Ghz setting took after applying change but the 5Ghz did not activate. Only after a reboot did the 5Ghz activate while on channel 149.

I upgraded to OpenWrt 19.07.7 and the uptime is more then a week. No reboot issues finally. It feels great

Hi I wanted to ask isn't there any 21.02 release for the Archer C50 ??

There are, they are located here, under the name tplink_archer-c50-... You can also use the Firmware Selector, just search for "Archer C50" (without the quotes). You can find the version of your router under the device.

The fast ethernet lan port gets only 3.2Mbps speed on my C50 v4.2 router. How is that possible? Wireless 2.4GHz speed is 18Mbps. This is using 21.02rc2 fw.

Hi Could you please share the procedure to flash the firmware and files. My TP-Link archer A5 v4 bricked after flashing via Web Gui

try tftp option to recover your device, use tftp, and rename it as instructions says on the archer c50 v4 page.

does anyone know if version 21.02.1 is stable

It works good 2.4ghz/5 ghz, but I have a memory leak after 30 days, had to restart the router, it was still working, but the GUI was not loading anymore.

And LuCI GUI is slower than v19.XX

I switched to C7v2 (bought on ebay for 20$ USD)

Hi. I tested versions 21.02.3 and 22.03.r4, both wifi the same error on Wifi 2.4ghz, the stops working when I use a lot of bandwidth or on several devices, it only comes back when I restart the router. 5ghz has no problems. Can one help?

1 Like

Since this is a unknown bug, does it worth to flash the router?

Can you please re-upload your build again? The link is dead....
Thanks!

Also, I found there is a 22.03.3 version of openwrt for C50 V4 in download section, do anyone test this build and is 2.4G works fine?

I have the V4 EU variant and it runs alright. I primarily use 5GHz, but the 2,4 works just as good.
Custom image of OpenWRT 22.03.2 built with the Firmware Selector.
https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=22.03.3&target=ramips%2Fmt76x8&id=tplink_archer-c50-v4