Archer C2600 after updating to Kernel 4.19

Hi,

After updating to last snapshot (Kernel 4.19 version)

_______                     ________        __
 |       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
 |   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
 |_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
 -----------------------------------------------------
 OpenWrt SNAPSHOT, r11816-d5ede68f8b
 -----------------------------------------------------
root@C2600:~#

I get some problems:

1.- Luci is not showing correctly the main menu as I show.

Capture

Under System options is showing VPN + Services (I have no VPN options installed).

2.- logread command is showing nothing, but dmesg command works fine.

Before updating, everything worked fine.
Any idea about?

Thanks everyone,

Snapshots don’t include LuCI - did you install it after completing your upgrade? Same with vpn related packages.

What image did you use to flash (where did you get it)?

Yes, I installed luci-ssl + luci-theme-material as usual

I installed nothing about VPN.

Here https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/
In my case tplink_c2600-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

As usual sysupgrade -v openwrt-ipq806x-generic-tplink_c2600-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Thanks,

Did you keep settings on upgrade? Not keeping settings is the safest way to run your update.

FWIW, snapshots are not guaranteed to be stable - sometimes bugs and other issues will show up there. Running an official release (or release candidate) will be more reliable, unless you are okay with dealing with some glitches to be on the bleeding edge.

2 Likes

That looks like it's hardcoded, I've seen the VPN entry as well but I do have WireGuard installed myself. So no idea if it might be fixed or made conditional.

You should keep track of the mailing list if you want to stick with master. The issue has been raised and people are looking into it.

I second @psherman's advice.

1 Like

See Logread blank on master

1 Like

I always keep settings, my C2600 is running as dumb AP using a very very simple configuration 1 LAN IP + 2 Wifi interfaces (2.4 / 5 Ghz), that's all (no WAN/Firewall/VPN....).

Thanks @psherman @tmomas @Borromini for your help, I'll wait for a new C2600 snapshot in a few days and test it again.

LAN and Wifi is running great, and that's the more important to me than logread / Luci menu.

Thanks again guys,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.