Archer C20 V4 reboots unexpectdly

Hello,

I have an Archer C20 V4 migrated to OpenWRT 19.07.4 (OpenWrt 19.07.4 r11208-ce6496d796 / LuCI openwrt-19.07 branch git-20.263.21399-8aceafe).

Sometimes (but I think only when there is some message flow) it reboots by itself.

Differently from a colleague that posted a similar case but found ultimately an issue with luci-adblock, that's not my case.

What can I do next? I would think on hardware problems, or trying to migrate some drivers to the last version (doing some kind of backport, even I know it could be a difficult task), but one basic thing would be how I could isolate the problem and make sure, for instance, that a failing hardware is not the case.

Many thanks,

Luiz Ramos
São Paulo - Brazil

I've had this problem before and the primary cause is due to a memory leak. This is solved with the Snapshot build of OpenWRT for the C20 V4, but requires more setup to function properly via SSH.

If you still want to do it despite the increased difficulty, I can show you how.

Thanks for the tip!

If you could and it not takes much time, please share how I could get rid of this problem.

Many thanks!