I have installed OpenWrt 18.06.1 r7258-5eb055306f on a Linksys WRT1900ACS and things seem to work pretty well; I can navigate through all of the screens, I can SSH into it, but...
- Whenever I change any configuration settings through Luci my changes show up - but when I click 'Apply' I always get the message "Apply request failed with status", and the 'Unsaved changes' counter goes up by the number of changes that I made. Clicking 'Save' doesn't change the 'Unsaved changes' counter. When I power cycle the router the changes are gone.
- 'Status Overview' has dashes for Local Time, Uptime, Load Average, Free, Total, and Buffered Memory, and Active Connections. 'Active DHCP Leases' shows 'Collecting Data'.
- 'Realtime Graphs' contains nothing but zeros.
- 'Firewall Status' contains non-zero packet and byte counts; they look reasonable.
- I don't see any errors in either the System Log or the Kernel log. Just to make certain I plugged in a USB drive, then tried to apply changes and got the 'Apply request failed with status' message. The USB drive messages are still the last messages in either log.
I searched the forum for this error message but didn't find anything - does anyone have helpful troubleshooting suggestions?