Applications for LuCI to support LTE/5G modems

A lot of problem is the modems used for rural wireless 4g broadband in some countries are tag locked sim locked or as such limiting the use of alternative hardware on their service.
To use a Quectel modem with my provider I had to reprogram my IMEI number to work with my sim and recover my apn from the hardware by hacking it.

The problem I found is many tools cant work at the same time as another like modem manager wont work with sms tool etc...

I think it needs a much more in depth thought about how to add it and have a unified interface that tools can co operate and communicate with an api instead of each tool banging the hardware AT or other interface.

I have been following (and actively using) your packages and packages from @koshev-msk (modemfeeds) for several years now. It's awesome, that I can use them on clean OpenWrt (not r00ter).

I am very glad that you are thinking about including LuCi LTE packages into the official package tree. Of course, it won't be easy. However, I believe that this will attract new ideas, involve new brains in the development process to make the most quality, functional and scalable product in the world. :slight_smile:

For me, modemmanager is a completely unnecessary package on the router. If users want to use it, they should only use this package for all operations with the modem (according to the capabilities of this package, it can be said that it is designed for this purpose). If someone wants to use/uses modemmanager, please make an interface for it for LuCI, simple.

I've installed your LuCi addons (luci-app-3ginfo-lite, luci-app-sms-tool-js and luci-app-modemband) on a ZTE MF286D that I got recently and they are very useful and well made. It would be nice to have them on the official repository so they can be installed directly via the firmware selector at each sysupgrade.

Thank you very much for your work!