AP Isolation Feature Missing on Netgear WNDR3800CH (in 17.01)

And thanks for being here to discuss all of this, and for the moral support! HAH!

So far the snapshot firmware is doing great. There is a lot of new features present that are not in the main firmware, mostly dealing with DHCP and DNS from what I can tell...

I did not have to add any packages, except for luci (and luci-ssl).

On our network, we restrict the bandwidth to the guest interface so that conencted stations can not possibly saturate the network to the point of inoperability. In the past I used the package wshaper, which seemed to fit the bill, but it was not available under snapshot.

My research pointed me to "SQM QoS", which was the only package above and beyond LuCI I installed, and well, I think we're gonna be making lots and lots of beautiful packets that will traverse the gateway in harmony. :slightly_smiling_face:

LONG LIVE LEDE!!!

Interesting,
I just flashed my WNDR3700v2 with 17.01 and the isolate option disappeared from LuCI (although it was there in my master build).

The reason for that is that the option has been added to LuCI mac80211 section in the master in April 2017, after the 17.01 branch had been branched off.
https://github.com/openwrt/luci/commit/aee99ce92730912f21fb313953ac6b7a35a5df58

That commit should likely be backported to 17.01 LuCI.

Ps.
Note that this is only about LuCI GUI. The "isolate" should already work in 17.01 if you edit /etc/config/wireless manually.

Pps.
Actually, the really interesting question is why my router has in /var/run/hostapd-phy1.conf the option ap_isolate=1 eventhough I have not enabled isolation in wifi config in /etc/config/wireless. And the default should be 0.