Anyone work with Cudy WR2100

If in the last images the Cudy WR2100 router still has NAT and the speed is correct 900+, it may be possible to configure the PPPoE management and vlan in the Cudy router without a loss of speed.
That configuration is what I'm looking for.

Could you guide me how to do it?

Anyway, this is the last message I received from Cudy's official support by email:

Dear Flecky,

My current PPPoE server can not provide high performance now, the LAN <------> WAN over PPPoE performed about 200Mbps. :frowning:
And, I am working on this now.

Also, the Access Point topology you provided should not be able to perform the test. I this topology, the WR2100 just work as a Ethernet Switch, because you did not connect to its wi-fi.

Typical Access Point Topology:
Router -------------------- (Wired) Access Point (Wi-Fi) ------------ WLAN NIC

The WR2100 just work as a Ethernet Switch under the following topology.
Router -------------------- (Wired) Access Point (Wired) ------------ wired NIC

Best regards,

Cudy Team
E-Mail: support@cudy.com
2021-2-26

How did you do this? I am new to all of this and don't know how to get 19.07 to where i could install WireGuard.

1 Like

They may need to build a PPPOE server to duplicate your topology,if they could do that, then the problem is easy to solve.(in case If has a problem)

How do you do that? I got the same problem and I'm a total noob.
Can you share the compiled version with me somehow?
I would really appreciate if you'd take the time to help me.

Need help,too. Have you gotten any further?

If you have a Linux system handy, compiling the image yourself is not difficult, you can clone my repo https://github.com/vale-max/openwrt.git
Checkout branch v19.07.7-cudy then follow the instructions in repository readme to compile your own image,

2 Likes

Thanks for answering.
When hitting "make menuconfig" I always get "XY has a dependency on 'libcap', which does not exist" and I dont' know what to do now.
I already installed libcap-dev - same result.

Btw I can't install some of the packages, you suggested to install first.
diff, find, getopt and libc headers can't be installed.
Could this be my problem?

Okay I ignored the errors and managed to get into the menuconfig menu. I don't know what to choose here... Can I just leave everything like it is? The only thing that really matters to me, is to get wireguard running. The Cudy firmware leaves me with the kernel error...

There's a song called "I tried so hard" which pretty much sums up how I feel right now...

Different linux distributions are using packages with different names and stuff is part of the other packages, for example using Debian:

getopt is part of util-linux package
diff is part of ndiff package
find is part of findutils package
and I guess that libc headers is libc-dev package.

However, I get same errors:

ERROR: please fix feeds/packages/net/wg-installer/Makefile - see logs/feeds/packages/net/wg-installer/dump.txt for details
ERROR: please fix feeds/packages/utils/attendedsysupgrade-common/Makefile - see logs/feeds/packages/utils/attendedsysupgrade-common/dump.txt for details

WARNING: Makefile 'package/feeds/*/Makefile' has a dependency on 'libcap', which does not exist

What disto are You using? As with Debian Sid, I got errors.

What's the current situation? Have You tried latest official v1.7.4?

And about device, how is it's wifi coverage? Have You compared it against some other models?

With version 1.7.4 I am in the same situation, I cannot reach the symmetric 1Gb speed of my operator Movistar Spain.

The wifi range is better than my old Asus RT-AC66U router, even faster.

Have You discussed with support? If, yes, then with what results?

BTW, seems, that manufactures are pushing users to use mesh systems, as I have lately tested Huawei AX3 and Asus RT-AX55 wifi6 routers, but despite their big antennas, the coverage was very bad, in the area, where TP-Link C80 had full bars, Huawei and Asus lost signal completely. So now I must decide, either WR2100 or AX1800 (will by available soon). However is unclear what MU-MIMO version (2x2, 3x3 or 4x4) Cudy is using, if at all, as Amazon say's that MU-MIMO is supported, but Cudy home page does not contain MU-MIMO information?

Edit, support replied - AX1800 supports MU-MIMO 2x2, WR2100 supports MU-MIMO up to 4x4.

BTW:

https://git.openwrt.org/feed/packages.git

2021-04-05 Stijn Tintel libcap: drop from feed
libcap: drop from feed
The libcap package was moved to OpenWrt base.

So that's why libcap is not found, please update Your repo.

Clone https://git.openwrt.org/openwrt/openwrt.git into some tmp directory and copy from there package libcap (./openwrt/package/libs/libcap) into into correct place in Your openwrt source folder.

And after successful build, please share Your .config file.

Hey, sorry for your feelings, it is indeed not simple at the beginning.
I'm not a developer so I'm sure I did something wrong, however I saved the configuration I used in file wireguard-cudy2100.config and pushed it to the v19.07.7-cudy branch of my repository.

At this point you should be able to:
Clone my repo
git clone https://github.com/vale-max/openwrt.git

checkout the patched branch
git checkout v19.07.7-cudy

pull the latest changes from upstream v19.07 repo
git pull https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt.git openwrt-19.07
(write whatever you want in the message)

update and install the feeds:
./scripts/feeds update -a
./scripts/feeds install -a

make menuconfig and load the config file wireguard-cudy2100.config
save the config to .config

make

(sorry to everyone who actually knows how this stuff works whose eyes must be bleeding reading my instructions)

Thank you very much @valemax and @ksuuk
I made some progress.

I left all the libcap problems behind and went straight forward to getting the make menuconfig stuff done.

After hitting "make", the following happened:

make -r world: build failed. Please re-run make with -j1 V=s or V=sc for a higher verbosity level to see what's going on
/home/linux/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:225: recipe for target 'world' failed
make: *** [world] Error 1

linux  ~  openwrt  make -j1 V=s or V=sc

awk: cmd. line:14: (FILENAME=- FNR=447) fatal: print to "standard output" failed (No space left on device)
/home/linux/openwrt/tmp/info/.files-packageinfo.mk:447: *** unterminated call to function 'eval': missing ')'.  Stop.
/home/linux/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:83: recipe for target 'prepare-tmpinfo' failed
make[1]: *** [prepare-tmpinfo] Error 2
/home/linux/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:225: recipe for target 'or' failed
make: *** [or] Error 2

I have no freaking clue, what to do now.

Even if this would have worked, I wouldn't know what to do after the compiling.
Is the result of all of this a .bin which can just be uploaded to the router?

Sorry for all the questions. I told ya, I was a noob :grin:

BTW you guys are awesome! Have a good one.

@marsh187

You are compiling under normal, not root user, right? Chek also - https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/3722

However, I just got my WR2100, upgraded to the latest (WR2100-R11-1.7.4-20210303-115601-flash.bin) but still it's wifi performance and coverage is depressing. Stock firmware is very plain, so installed official Cudy -s OpenWrt version (openwrt-ramips-mt7621-cudy-wr2100-squashfs-flash), it's highly adjustable, but wifi performance is even worst and I could not adjust 2,4Ghz channel width, there was either 20Mhz or 40Mhz, but not auto mode, same with 5Ghz. Tested various setting without luck, router is located 7 m away and 2,4Ghz speed is max 10% of WAN speed and sometimes only 2% with one user.

So if someone have a good/fast build, then please share it, I can try again.

1 Like

I would not complain, too if anybody would share a working build. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Have a great weekend everybody.

Well, I tested more, finally flashed back to stock and now I'm convinced, that Cudy -s wireless hardware is just too weak and this can't be fixed with any software. So I'll return my device.

I's hard to believe that Cudy AX1800 is better (not available yet), but I'll keep on eye this forum, maybe someday I can find WiFi router with a decent coverage and running OpenWrt with all good features. By spec -s, TP-Link C80 is the best candidate, but it is not and probably won't be supported by OpenWrt.