Anybody to take over broken attempt to support new device?

The developer/contributor to openwrt, who started to setup official openwrt-support for a new device from movingcom (MW-M96 using MT7620A), based on their SDK (15.05+ few patches) , disappeared.
I can not compile first basic custom mage based on his work, as finally I get following errors:

Configuring dnsmasq.
Configuring kmod-mt76-core.
Configuring kmod-mt76x2.
Configuring kmod-mt7603.
Configuring kmod-mt76.
Configuring kmod-eeprom-93cx6.
Configuring kmod-rt2x00-mmio.
Configuring kmod-rt2x00-pci.
Configuring kmod-Collected errors:
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package kmod wants to install file /etc/openwrt/MW-M96/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/root-ramips/sbin/insmod
	But that file is already provided by package  * ubox
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package kmod wants to install file /etc/openwrt/MW-M96/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/root-ramips/sbin/lsmod
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package kmod wants to install file /etc/openwrt/MW-M96/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/root-ramips/sbin/modinfo
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package kmod wants to install file /etc/openwrt/MW-M96/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/root-ramips/sbin/modprobe
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package kmod wants to install file /etc/openwrt/MW-M96/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/root-ramips/sbin/rmmod
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod.
rt2800-mmio.
Configuring rt2800-pci-firmware.
Configuring kmod-rt2800-pci.
Configuring kmod-usb-ehci.
Configuring kmod-usb2.
Configuring libxtables.

Any developer willing to continue this task ?
Refs. to source files can be provided via private mail/message.

Bump. I can do the testing on the new hardware, of course.
And we might talk about a "Bounty".

You can solve the error above by deselecting the "kmod" package in your configuration.

YES ! Thanx a lot, that did it. Now I can continue.

what's in common to mt762oa devs?
they dissappear when someone mentions them a bounty!

Any hint, how/where to disable/remove "cleanly"
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod=y
to show up in .config ?
Actually, I do an edit of .config.
For me, it looks like a flaw in package kmod. Should check, whether the common files
insmod, lsmod etc. are already installed. But Im wondering, that this is an issue, not detected already somewhere else.

A simple make menuconfig should suffice. Or do you mean its enabled as a default package, like e.g. dropbear or base-files? In this case check the value of DEFAULT_PACKAGES in include/target.mk.

Thanx for direction. Unfortunately both ways are dead-end-streets. "make menuconfig" re-inserts
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod=y
into .config
And in include/target.mk I do not find a ref to package kmod.
So I suspect, that this ref might be contained in the special files for my mw-m96, which are defined externally, in an additional git repo I have to "merge" before "make menuconfig". Will postpone further research regarding this issue, as an (ugly) workaround available, at least Thanx again.

When in menuconfig, press '/' (a single slash) to open a search prompt. In there, enter PACKAGE_kmod, this should give a number of hits (unfortunately many, as all kmods also begin with - well - kmod). Try to locate the entry for kmod and see what it says in its Selected by: ... line.

Hi reinerotto,
i bought the same device. did you make any progress?
mine is running barrier breaker and behaves pretty strange.
Do you have or know where i might find a flashable version of openwrt for this device?

thanks in advance

It's difficult to work out what your question is, especially since there's a lot of very old stuff in this thread that might or might not be relevant.

You'll probably get a clearer and quicker answer if you create a new thread with a clear problem description instead of bumping a two year old thread