Any way to display the contents of /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf prior to build?

I have a problem.

I want to append an opkg feed source to the existing /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf file in a build.

The problem is that I would need to be able to generate the /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf file before an actual image build.

It looks like this file is generated in package/base-files/Makefile via FeedSourcesAppend, which is in include/feeds.mk.

I either need to create a file in /files which will overwrite the image-generated file.
OR break up the "make world" process to do this somewhere in the middle of the build, but that sounds like a huge PITA.
OR I could just modify the existing Makefiles, but I really don't want to modify source to do this.

This is all because customfeeds.conf is read before distfeeds.conf, and anything in distfeeds.conf takes priority, otherwise I could just stick my package source in there instead.

Any ideas?

I recall looking into this a bit ago, when I wanted to override /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf. As I recall, opkg will read any *.conf file in that directory (perhaps any file) and by picking a different name (local.conf, for example), the sort-order "problem" can be resolved. It's been a while, so you should check that behavior.

Verified as true. I created a file named /etc/opkg/zfeeds.conf and it was read after distfeeds.conf.

1 Like

jeff, thanks for yoru answer! I guess I'll just drop an appropriately-named file in that directory so that I know it will be read after the distfeeds.conf file.

Such a simple solution didn't occur to me. I figured the file names to load by opkg would be hard-coded.

Thanks again.

1 Like