Any news on broken NFS?

A few days ago I installed openwrt 18.06.4 r7808-ef686b7292 on my new TP-Link Archer C7(EU) Ver.5.0, which was a really easy going.

When installing and configuring additional software to fit my personal needs, I stumbled over the (still broken) NFS kernel server in 18.06.4. After doing some internet researches, I found the thread with the subject NFS broken again here in the forum. At that time openwrt 18.06.2 was current. Now I must realize, that NFS is still broken in 18.06.4.

Are there any news on the broken NFS? Will a future release (18.06.5 or 19.x.x) have a working NFS kernel server?

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

Seems yes, if your device has more than 4Mb flash (and yes your device has at least 8 Mb so it should be included) it should work in the future. see the last few posts of the thread you mentioned NFS broken again

This was not ported over to 18.x release so there it's still broken.

Either use development snapshot images or wait for 19.x release that should happen in months.
(was supposed to be 19.07 so to be released a month ago but apparently they have missed that target)