Any interest in this project? (+ cross-compiling question)

All I wanted to do was cast from my desktop PC to a Chromecast on my guest network over Christmas, and look where that got me ... https://github.com/ipilcher/fdf

I don't personally use OpenWRT as a router (only as a wireless access point), but it still seems like this might be useful to a lot of people. Is anyone interested?

Also, I did take a quick track at creating a cross compilation environment, but the first setup script bombed out with an error about being unable to to find gcc and/or g++. (Both are installed in my x86_64 OS.) Any hints would be appreciated. (I have built the project for an old ARMv7 Banana Pi that I had sitting around, so I do know that it works on a 32-bit platform that doesn't do unaligned access.)

Thanks!

Which version of GCC have you installed? Do you have the error log available?

Which version of GCC have you installed?

$ rpm -q gcc gcc-c++
gcc-11.2.1-7.fc35.x86_64
gcc-c++-11.2.1-7.fc35.x86_64

Do you have the error log available?

./scripts/feeds update -a
︙
Checking 'ldconfig-stub'... ok.

Build dependency: Please install the GNU C Compiler (gcc) 4.8 or later
Build dependency: Please install the GNU C++ Compiler (g++) 4.8 or later

Prerequisite check failed. Use FORCE=1 to override.
gmake: *** [/home/pilcher/fdf/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:177: staging_dir/host/.prereq-build] Error 1

I do get a bit further on CentOS 7 (which has GCC 4.8). make defconfig world ultimately fails with this rather bizarre error.

. /home/pilcher/openwrt/include/shell.sh; xzcat /home/pilcher/openwrt/dl/usb-serial-xr_usb_serial_common-1a-8c21f4afdfd6acd77b6adad59a4dabe5cbf2b947.tar.xz | tar -C /home/pilcher/openwrt/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/linux-ath79_generic/usb-serial-xr_usb_serial_common-1a/.. -xf -
tar: This does not look like a tar archive

Sure enough, the .xz file is only 14 bytes, and running xzcat on it yields a zero-byte file.