Any hope for Archer C5V that uses Econet EN7513GT CPU?

Here is the specs. I have the board, I can confirm this is the board. If I were to develop openwrt from scratch, what do I need?

Do I get this right? I need open source GPL code. In the link there was a GPL code of this router. It doesn't work anymore though but I have it. It seems it's using linux 2.6.36 kernel.

if you want to use their old openwrt derivative with the 2.6.36 kernel.

if you want something newer, you need to check if the SoC is supported by the Linux kernel.

Let's be very clear on this, adding a new target to OpenWrt (without any mainline support at all) is not going to be easy, nor fun - expect months++ of down to the silicon development work, as well as mainlining the SOC support to the linux kernel. If you have any questions at this point, it's not going to happen - either way, it's going to be a steep learning curve.

If you want to save your sanity, get rid of the device in favour of something that is fully supported right now.

I get it. I liked this router but I checked with nmap it still uses linux 2.6.36, extremely old. Gotta get rid of it yeah.

One last question, what does mainline support exactly mean though? I have the source code here: https://static.tp-link.com/upload/gpl-code/2022/202209/20220902/ArcherC5v_GPL.tar.gz

I calculated the differences too. How could I learn that it has mainline support or not? You mean the Soc's driver is open source or not?

... is in the Linux kernel, not only added to one ancient release, in your case, from around 2011.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.