i installed the openwrt firmware with this firmware after flash GLuon firmware over stock firmware.
until now its working well and without issues for me .
here are the instructions from web https://github.com/oszilloskop/UBNT_ERX_Gluon_Factory-Image/
Stage 1 Stock Image to Gluon
- Configure edgerouter and computer (default ip from edgerouter is 192.168.1.1) .
- assign to computer a static ip (192.168.1.21) because in default setting doesnt have DHCP
- Connect to https://192.168.1.1 (user:ubnt password:ubnt) and go to system
- Select upgrade system image and select the correct Gluon image
For EdgeROuter x -> https://github.com/oszilloskop/UBNT_ERX_Gluon_Factory-Image/blob/master/back-to-tock-ramips-mt7621-ubnt-erx-nitramfs-kernel.bin
For EdgeRouter-X-SFP -> https://github.com/oszilloskop/UBNT_ERX_Gluon_Factory-Image/blob/master/gluon-ramips-mt7621-ubnt-erx-sfp-initramfs-factory.tar
Follow the instructions.
Go to Stage 2
Stage 2 - Gluon Firmware sysupgrade to OpenWrt
- After reboot EdgeRouter go to http://192.168.1.1 the computer needs to be connected on ETH1-Eth4 ports
- Now upgrade the sysupgrade image with openwrt firmware
For EdgeRouter-X ->https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06.1/targets/ramips/mt7621/openwrt-18.06.1-ramips-mt7621-ubnt-erx-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar
For EdgeRouter-X-SFP ->https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06.1/targets/ramips/mt7621/openwrt-18.06.1-ramips-mt7621-ubnt-erx-sfp-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar
After this automatically its going to upgrade and reboot the router and boot openwrt firmware.