Allow subnet to see another subnets client IP

I have two subnets, a standard LAN on 192.168.1.0/24 and one for virtual machines on 10.0.0.0/24.

My VIRTUAL interface uses an alias to LAN. I can access machines on the VIRTUAL subnet using their IP from my LAN. There is no DHCP on the VIRTUAL interface.

However when using Plex or AdGuard the IP of client devices is always the routers IP, either 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.

How would I pass the proper client IP to the host devices?

Thanks.

1 Like

check this out

Haha thanks I didn't realise this would be a related issue.

I'm not 100% sure what DNAT is and where I would configure it?

It's worth noting that my VIRTUAL interface uses the LAN firewall zone because I thought it would be easier to manage that way as I don't need proper seperation of networks.

It is the port forwarding.

1 Like

Ah I see, could you provide an example configuration? I tried adding in a port forward but not sure how I would forward it to a subnet.

Also wouldn't this use the router IP still?

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 12.22.38 pm

• Disable masquerading on the target zone.
  • Remove the related SNAT redirects if any.
1 Like

Thanks for that so looking in my firewall settings I don't have a LAN > LAN zone. Do I have to have my VIRTUAL interface on it's own zone?

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 12.37.20 pm

Disable masquerading on the LAN zone.

LuCI > Network > Interfaces > VIRTUAL > Edit > Firewall Settings

1 Like

Is there a specific place for this? As I posted above my firewall settings only has a LAN > WAN where i can toggle Masquerading.

At the moment it's Unspecified. Do I create a new zone or do I add it to my LAN zone?

LuCI > Network > Firewall > General Settings > Zones > lan > Edit

• Masquerading > Uncheck

Save > Save & Apply

You can add it to the lan zone for now.

3 Likes

Thanks, thats working perfectly! Apologies for needing some hand-holding there im not clued up on networking.

The thing that threw me off was editing the zones. Because it's displayed as LAN > WAN I thought that was to do with internet connection. A closer look at the table header and it's clear that the Zone is LAN and WAN is just forwarding.

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 12.59.37 pm

Thanks for everyones help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 0 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.