After the system is booted, the Wi-Fi indicator always glows even if the Wi-Fi switch is in the off state

After the system is booted, the Wi-Fi indicator always glows even if the Wi-Fi switch is in the off state.
What is the problem with this indicator behavior? In the version LEDE 17.01.x everything was normal.
Router Model: TP-LINK TD-W8970
Architecture: xRX200 rev 1.2
Firmware Version: OpenWrt 18.06.1 r7258-5eb055306f / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-18.228.31946-f64b152)

No answer. Good.
In this case, please show the path to the script, where the state of the Wi-Fi switch is checked, and where the Wi-Fi indicator turns on during system boot.
I will independently search for a solution.
Thank.

Does the wifi actually turn off when you use the switch? If wifi does turn off but the LED doesn't go out, check the LED configuration in /etc/config/system. If the switch does not turn off the wifi, examine the switch triggered scripts found in /etc/rc.button.

So where to look for the problem? In the previous version of the firmware everything was correct. If the switch Wi-Fi is turned off, the Wi-Fi indicator does not glow when the system is booted. Now it is not.

There is a /etc/rc.button/rfkill script
It matches the version from LEDE 17.01 openwrt/package/base-files/files/etc/rc.button/rfkill

#!/bin/sh

[ "${ACTION}" = "released" -o -n "${TYPE}" ] || exit 0

. /lib/functions.sh

rfkill_state=0

wifi_rfkill_set() {
	uci set wireless.$1.disabled=$rfkill_state
}

wifi_rfkill_check() {
	local disabled
	config_get disabled $1 disabled
	[ "$disabled" = "1" ] || rfkill_state=1
}

config_load wireless
case "${TYPE}" in
"switch")
	[ "${ACTION}" = "released" ] && rfkill_state=1
	;;
*)
	config_foreach wifi_rfkill_check wifi-device
	;;
esac
config_foreach wifi_rfkill_set wifi-device
uci commit wireless
wifi up

return 0

I mean the version of LEDE 17.01
THERE ALL WORKS CORRECTLY! UNDERSTAND?

Do you wish good luck? In what?
So no one will help me in solving the problem? Did you read my first post? In version 18.06.01 The wi-fi indicator is lit when the wi-fi switch is turned off when the system is booted. In version 17.01 this problem is not.
How else can I explain to you?
Or after the holiday the head does not work well?

Please allow time for others in the community to read.

I think he was making a joke, we had Columbus Day in the US ourselves. There is no paid customer support [here], just the Community.

Please be patient.

(moving to For Developers section in hopes others may see)

I wrote about the problem in order to indicate a bug. So that developers no longer celebrate Columbus Day and corrected the error. In response, I received only ridicule and mockery.
Do you have a bug in the official release of version 18.06.01, and you are joking? Very funny!
I know you have a community here, not paid support. And if you're insinuating that this error can't be solved for free, name the price of the issue and invoice me. And I will share the solution with the community free of charge.
I have experience in development and programming. And I wanted to contribute to OpenWRT. But after this attitude on the part of the community to me-there is no desire.
Sorry for the bad English. I'm a stupid user.

Whats the current led configuration in /etc/config/system? As previously noted, OpenWrt usually does not handle wifi rfkill switches by default so if the switch is not hardwired to trigger GPIOs or something it is expected to have no effect.

So the question is why it had an effect in 17.01. Did you install custom rfkill scripts there?

Have to correct my previous statement, apparently there is a default rfkill script. Can you verify that it is invoked when you toggle the switch? You can do so by adding various "logger" statements and then check "logread" after boot.

My guess is that button behaviour broke with a kernel update.

P.S.: please report bugs at https://bugs.openwrt.org/ - most developers do not look into the forum for reports.

The WiFi switch works fine, the WiFi indicator works fine after manually dragging the WiFi switch back and forth. The WiFi module works correctly. Only when the system is booting the WiFi indicator always lights regardless of the state of the WiFi switch.
I'm not going anywhere else. Look for errors yourself.

Erm, no. Your attitude does not motivate me enough to invest my spare time on a problem with a target I do not even have hardware for.

3 Likes

I no longer ask for help. Close the topic.