After 8h from first setup, all Wi-Fi interfaces (Marvell 88W8964) deactivated

Hi all.
I've installed the latest Open wrt firmware on my wrt3200acm, and its running flawlessly.

(I've left the LED settings alone).

No wpa3..

And I just tried 21.02.2 on my WRT3200ACM and it blew up while I was configuring wireless settings. While still connected over wired LAN, connection hangs sometimes only on LuCI, and sometimes on both SSH and LuCI. Makes me think something in the WLAN driver is hanging the CPU, but I don't have any data to support that. Heading back to 19.07 while I evaluate my options.

Runs flawlessly on my wrt3200acm... just stay off any LED customization (bizarre bug). Also noting I've installed it from scratch, not as an upgrade (if it makes any difference, i.e. old config files, etc.).

After some more research it looks like OpenWRT 21.02 does not like having more than one SSID on the 5GHz radio, which is indeed my config. My “home VLAN” is where all of the home automation IOT devices are, but my work from home office VLAN has a separate SSID that I only use when I take my laptop out of my office. I’ll try it again this afternoon without the office SSID and see if I can get some stability.

issue resolution

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.