Advice to buy Netgear or Linksys router

£59 unfortunately

It is still a steal at £59. Just try any Amazon alert app. Kempa I think, it will email/text/whatsapp you when the price will fall.
Recently it was £39.

1 Like

We're not a general tech support forum. If your question does not concern OpenWrt you should take it elsewhere.

On a further note: the list of modem/router combos supported by Openwrt is very short.

I’ve not said I want a router without OpenWRT support. So my question stands..

If it's a DOCSIS modem/router combo you need, you're out of luck, there's no support for such devices.

Some ISPs allow you to bridge the modem, and put a proper router behind it (could do it even if it's not bridgeable, but then you'd be double NATing).

2 Likes

That's what this boils down to, if you ask me:

Like I said: slim pickings if you want an AIO with OpenWrt. You'll compromise on multiple fronts.

On top of that, you're hijacking someone else's thread.

I agree. This has nothing to do with what I asked.
You should ask the question in a separate thread.

@badulesia , I got this router for a good deal from someone who has sparsely used it. I ordered it and hopefully I will have a good experience using it with openwrt like I do with the WRT3200.

I would like to say thank you to everyone who advised me. Looks like the Qualcomm chips used are relatively good ones compared to the BCM.

Once again, thank you everyone for your replies and your time. All your suggestions did matter to me.

Well enjoy. :yum:
Read again the advice about wifi0 issue regarding DFS. It just need time for calibration than it will work correctly.

Hi I have a couple MR8300 deployed and I'm sure I didn't wait 30 minutes as that model is an easy GUI flash.
Wouldn't any DFS adjustments be wiped after flashing anyway or is it saved somewhere uneffected by the firmware flash?

DFS are saved in a separate partition.
The goal of waiting is for fixing DFS calibration. Tha't not related to the flashing process. Once fixed, you don't have to mind anymore of this.
EDIT : that applies to wifi0, QCA9886 (channels >100)
After flashing I set channel manually, and went into trouble. I realized that the channel should be set to auto in order for the DFS to be fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.