Adding screen to Linkit Smart 7688

Im trying to add a screen to my linkit Smart7688, to show some static images. I thought about using the simple framebuffer found in kernel_menuconfig, but after building openwrt, there is no framebuffer in /dev ...

The screen im using is the Qvga 2.2 TFT SPI screen.

Any help would be great, thanks smile

how have you validated SPI? is there a dts?(does it need entries for either)

Hi, @anon50098793 . Yes my module has a dts, where I have added the driver (Ili9341) under spi@b00. I looked a little more into the kernel_menuconfig, where I can find LCD drivers as shown on the picture, but not for my device.. am I using an old version maybe?

good question...

I have now upgraded my image, and installed the driver for the ili9341 from the staging driver menu. The image compiles and works fine with an uart connection (which is okay while testing), but I cant find the kernel object in /lib/modules/4.14.235/ , where the other kernel objects are. When im running "opkg list-installed" I can see the package is downloaded, but im not having locate on this version, so does anybody know where kernel object is? smile

um... lsmod(modinfo) lists relevant external module info...

your current best debugging avenue is dmesg and/or the availability/or lack of /dev/... fb

i recall a 'hackaday' post where fb has been added to something... you may wish to locate that then backtrack the 'openwrt translation' if possible...

note: openwrt buildroots contain target-level-'display'@ FEATURES.... this may mangle whatever kopts you want/need...

I also did add som frambuffers, but wondered why they arent in /dev , many thanks for sharing you knowledge - I will try to googling it and hopefully find something usefull. smile