Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi "Redmi Router AX6S"/"Xiaomi Router AX3200"

Can someone help me using this device as a wireless access point? My PC has bad wifi because of the distance. I would like to use this device as wireless access point. So connecting my PC with cable to ax3200 and tha ax3200 connects to my router over 5g and in a better position than my PC. With stock driver it doesn't work. there are many connection issues and if I manage to connect, it has max 6mhz so it's incredibly slow, slower than PC wifi. MTK drivers dont have this option. I now have this device which I unfortunately can't use :frowning:

this means that your drivers are looking for mediatek hwnat and cannot find that, grab an older revision of that drivers on that repository

https://github.com/MeIsReallyBa/immortalwrtmt7622.git
git checkout 9117761de26dc10b8125e62c505277cf423014e3

check this repo too. custom luci app mtk-wifi, a patch to let mt7622 scan, and bootcout need be replaced

@jemestien
try this workaround.

@hck

Thanks but on 9117761de26dc10b8125e62c505277cf423014e3 , the path target/linux/mediatek/files/drivers/net/ethernet/mediateksdk doesn't exist

@anon4457646

Thanks, also really apreciated for the repo shares, also if you don't mind sharing which target/linux/mediatek/files/drivers/net/ethernet/mediateksdk commit hash did you use currently and working?.

lol i do not want start other problems here, that is non DSA drivers.

@anon4457646
So all MTK drivers for AX6S is non DSA?

you are asking for ethernet drivers, is that right?

How do you run a Wired mesh?

That's correct

so i said the true and yesterday i had a bad situation about that, i will never talk and share that again

Sorry to heard that, Atleast I have a pointer, thanks again

thanks @echelon, I will try this method see if can get radio1.

If you compile the image yourself, you can make it automated by editing the following line in ./package/kernel/mt76/Makefile :

define KernelPackage/mt7915e/install
	$(INSTALL_DIR) $(1)/lib/firmware/mediatek
	cp \
		$(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/firmware/mt7915_eeprom.bin \
		$(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/firmware/mt7915_wa.bin \
		$(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/firmware/mt7915_wm.bin \
		$(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/firmware/mt7915_rom_patch.bin \
		$(1)/lib/firmware/mediatek
endef

@echelon I followed the workaround and managed to (manually) enable radio1, thank you so much.

I just started trying compile image 2 days ago, dont know too much about it and still bumping around.

Glad it works, credit to the poster @redshifted :grinning:

1 Like

@hcrof3 sorry didn't pay attention to your reply, wire all router together and enable 802.11r fast transition.
you can read more regard 802.11r on Openwrt guide.

That would be amazing. When will more information be available about usb for ax6s?

I have a AX3200 with 1.0.50
State: {"telnet":false,"init":true,"wl0_ssid":"Xiaomi_65E6","ssh":false,"version":"1.0.50","facmode":false,"4kblock":false,"secboot":false,"wl1_ssid":"Xiaomi_65E6","uart":false}
It fails to install RB01 1.0.71 INT FW "Verification failed"
Has anyone elese expierienced this behavior?

I've messed up my router. Installed last unstable image from 2 dec. and now have only yellow light always on and can not access router (ssh or web). Help, please.