Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi "Redmi Router AX6S"/"Xiaomi Router AX3200"

So accessed the router using ssh, and installed luci PKG using opkg manager,
Check this video I made

It's not necessary to have two targets for AX6S aka AX3200.

That's just device alternative names, specified with DEVICE_ALT0_VENDOR + DEVICE_ALT0_MODEL.

I don't think buildbot actually spits out the alternative image in snapshot, so it's of little consequence except to those who want OpenWrt images with the correct model name specified when they look at device info.

Yeah. But still not necessary since there are the exact same device. The selected one should be good enough. People can get confused when they see two AX6S options.

can we say that for now rb03 is a good choice for wifi 6 enabled openwrt supported router?? or is there any other router that is cheaper and better support for openwrt with wifi 6 capabilities?

You can consider totolink x5000r but it has lower performance when it comes to sqm

but when it come to the price, i guess ax6s is cheaper?

Nope.
At least in my country totolink is cheaper

so totolink has better coverage than ax6s?

For people who are willing to have pre-built binaries:

Known Issues

1. 160MHz Wireless not working

Features

1. Luci
  2. Enable Wi-Fi by default
  3. LAN IP: 192.168.33.1
  4. 2.4G: OpenWrt, 5G: OpenWrt_5G

Hello. I'm trying to mess around on my AX6S and installed @aiden-leong today's firmware release. OpenWRT booted OK, but it missing SQM so I tried to install this firmware here https://github.com/CCA2878/Immortalwrt_Xiaomi_AX6s/releases/tag/2022-3-14_15.45 via sysupgrade in GUI. However, now my router refuse to boot and the LED indicator stays orange.
Is there any debrick method out there without UART?
Thank you.

Nevermind. Just found out that debrick method for Mi Router 4a works. I tried to feed the RB03 beta 1.2.7 firmware into it and now ready to test another openwrt build.

Hello,

I want to buy an ax6s/ax3200 on Aliexpress (I live in France) and flash it with openwrt.

I just want to be sure, is the ax3200 (global) the best version to buy currently, because it's the easiest version to flash (telnet enabled without need to flash the xiaomi beta firmware) ?

Thanks!

Based on replies above, it apparently only certain HW manufacturing date that comes with telnet enabled. Newer releases is suspected to be bugfixed with newer FW. Scroll up for detail.
My AX6S just arrived few hours ago and it came with older FW. And it isn't that hard to flash beta FW on RB03, just doing manual upgrade procedure through GUI. Now I'm figuring out how to do network segmentation on my AX6S as I new onto OpenWRT. Oh and it also reported that AX6S have a better coverage since the radio isn't restricted. Cheers.

Thanks, so I'll buy ax6s with EU plug adapter.

Hello, i have bought RB01 version recently. The telnet is enabled but i can't obtain password....
When i try abovementioned scrypt at the end i have "Invalid switch - /XXXXXXXXX"
What I am doing wrong?
The SN is like this - XXXXX/XXXXXXXXX
Thank you in advance.

Put the SN in quotes -> "XXXX/XXXXXXX"

Yeah, the result is "ïnvalid switch"...
I am trying on Windows trough cmd.

Hello.
This is my first post.
Bought one Xiaomi Router AX3200 RB01 yesterday. It came with 1.0.35 firmware and telnet open.
My goal is to use it as a replacement for my old samknows SK-WB8 converted to Openwrt that has burned 2 of the LAN/WAN ports and also my pc and printer lan ports (!!!) after a thunderstorm.
Is it safe to flash openwrt to Xiaomi AX3200 RB01? Or should I wait for the next stable release that shoud start support for this router and instalation instructions are well tested?
Thank you all.

does anyone have the best way to enable cloudflare dns on openwrt? tried setting it on network>interfaces>lan>advanced settings>use custom dns added cloudlfare dns,
and did the same for wan and wan6, and doesnt work
any help pls?