Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3600 (Part 1)

That should probably be OK, though you can find the exact commits here:

BTW, saw your PR for the update, will comment there

1 Like

Ok, just checked and the FW is for the SPF12.0 release that will be coming, its not actually for the 11.5.
11.5 uses: 11.5-557 version while 12.0 is up to 12.0-r2

So ATH11.5 is?

It should be the same as SPF11.5, they even state QCA_Networking.SPF_11.5.0

This is the CS release, to the bugfix one but the FW is definitively not for it

So this is the nss firmware for the WiFi firmware is it correct?

?

No idea what you meant by it, its NSS FW from the preview 12.0 release

I can't understand what they are referring with ATH... Guess they are referring to the WiFi firmware?

Nah, it's just a legacy naming thing.
ATH is equal to SPF these days.

So its either from one Frankenstein release or somebody messed up when uploading

1 Like

So I have to refresh it another time when they will release 12.0

No need to wait, 12.0 branch looks to be the most up to date/clean one.
I wanted to update to it anyway

Hi guys, share the configuration file for the Xiomi AX3600 Openwrt robimarko assembly, yesterday I was collecting the firmware, the ethernet ports were flooded, the device does not work, the device only responds via wifi 5Ghz AC.

If you want i can refresh the pr to it... don't think there are that much changes between 11.5 and 12

That would be great, just target the QSDK.12.0 branches.
I will probably just be trying to upstream stuff for a while, appears that we can use GDSC-s for USB-s instead of the raw regmap write.

1 Like

Are we still on the 4/22 build or am I missing a download location? I know a lot about this but have yet to delve into github and building my own image files.

Also, I created a new LED config trying to disable the blinking antenna for QCA9887 (radio0) and it doesn't affect it. I can always use a piece of black electrical tape I suppose! Haha

THANK YOU AS USUAL!

That should be latest

Does your build support mesh?

Yeah, it should work

Thanks! Mesh will work directly from prebuilt images 2022-04-22?

I soft bricked my ax3600 with a kernel panic.
Last time I recovered with TFTP, but this time I thought it would be faster to open the box and use uart to just switch the partition.
Well, it takes some time to open the box, but now I have a female uart connector outside of the box for future use.

My question is, if xiaomi has dual boot partition, how does xiaomi detects a bad partition and switches to the good one?
I couldn't trigger this.

(Edit: same photo, but resized)

They depend on the kernel to set the rootfs env variable to the other one if mounting rootfs fails

1 Like