Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3600 (Part 1)

not at all.... i'm talking about the nss drivers not the offload stuff

2 Likes

Yes, I built the image with nss-drv from @bitthief repo and the new 11.5 loads.
EDIT: When I saw your and radiobyte posts today about 11.5, I thought you had nss-drv and started searching for it.

@rmandrad
Didn't knew about ecm, I only searched the repos today.

my understanding is that the NSS cpu's are only used with ecm ... at the moment only the frontend is loaded but has a number of compile options that support bonding , raw etc... the commit perhaps needs to align with the nss-drv / ecm branch which I understand is 11.5 ( or 12 ?)

At this moment it doesn't matter at all, at least to me

in theory every new version adds more api so the result of using mismatched nss-drv is that the firmware is loaded but nothing works (or at least the part where qca introduced new api won't work...)

(following this rule someone can use older firmware with newer nss drv by removing the additional api from the struct so for everyone that want to use them we should update the packages)

Strange thing the SPF is 11.5 and the firmware is 12.0.r1 ????

1 Like

most likely why I am observing a memory leak with the nss-drv loaded...

let me try to rmmod the nss-drv ...

Yeah, its probably from the CSU2 release of 11.5 SPF, the XML with the exact branches and releases you are supposed to use is in the QUIC repo as well.

My point is that its not being used currently anyway

2 Likes

is that because ecm is not working as it should?

We have no plan and we won't ever merge all the shittery needed for ecm

no point really then to bother to load the nss firmware then ... until there is a solution

@robimarko man.... the qca-ssdk status is getting worse and worse... random missing include for no reason... socinfo stuff...

and let's not talk about the dp driver...

Let me guess, its missing the IPQ9574 in socinfo?

yep... i considered providing it with the target file... but considering it's all stuff for a target we do not support i just reverted the commits...

(actually upstream we don't have include/linux/scoinfo.h)

Ahh, the socinfo it looks for is actually there as part of the CPR driver, it just probably needs to be updated.

Fun thing is that it doesn't actually check using the socinfo driver at all, but rather uses the info that the bootloader appends to the DTB

oh ok so we actually have a patch that introduce the include?
then we should consider updating it to the new msm version https://git.codelinaro.org/clo/qsdk/oss/kernel/linux-msm/-/blob/NHSS.QSDK.11.5.0.4/include/soc/qcom/socinfo.h

1 Like
2 Likes

Anyway ssdk nss-firmware and nss-dp updated... i just need to check now nss-drv

(and run test)

(nss-drv was easier than expected strange....)

@robimarko well rip... all works but still no wifi for our own project... same shit... still have to do the 2 test with the dma revert thing and ecm... but i have other things to do than working on ecm

2 Likes

So, you used 11.5.0.5 branches?

This is the XML with the exact versions if we are to believe the QUIC readme despite the NSS FW being 12.0r1

I used latest commits from that branch looking at the gitlab repo. firmware are 12.0r1 btw (checked with strings on the firmware blob)