Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3600 (Part 1)

Thanks! Good to know.

@Ansuel now that you've been donated an ax3600, do you think you can get openwrt going on it or does it exceed your skill level?

We are working on it... Currently we are trying to make the ethernet port work and on tsens support.

And what would still be needed after that?

After that base support is """done""". Then we will have to work on all the missing feature like cpu freq scaling, check how ath11k works....

2 Likes

Is the NSS core also capable of accelerating SQM with fq_codel / piece of cake / cake?

nss support fq_codel but nss support will happen after we fix every problem and we have good support of the ipq807x target.

Yeah, of course it's less important than general stability.

So it does not support other algorithms than fq_codel?

AFAIK nope... But still why that would make a difference? nss offload supports dscp tagging and fq_codel.

Well, I just heard the latter two had improved queueing in contrast to fq_codel.

But fq_codel is better than nothing.

Is OpenWRT usable and stable on this Xiaomi AX3600 yet?

At least try to read a little before asking this question, the current state is described not too far above in this very thread.

4 Likes

Hi, Has your IPQ6018 been able to boot?

No, it fails on RAM badly.

By the way,
There's another router based on the same chip as AX3600: TP-Link Deco X60

It might be inspirational to check their GPL source code:
https://static.tp-link.com/resources/gpl/GPL_X60_X20.tar.gz

P.S. Actually, that was mentioned already.

3 Likes

@Ansuel I have pushed tsens support.
In the end, I used the simple approach of adding checks for critical interrupt in IRQ read as well.

4 Likes

Very nice!
Anyway i think that tomorrow (or today? 2am on my time) i will try to port the ssdk-shell. Do you think will help us understand what is wrong with ethernet?

Also your ethernet problem is really strange. Could be some incompatibility with the ethernet device?

2 Likes

Shell could help as you can debug through it.

I dont think that my RB260GSP is incompatible

i've had this mikrotik switch and is awefull as hell , swaped it with rb960pgs and now i can forget about port flapping and random traffic frozing...

Its just a switch for my workbench , I have a CRS328 as my main one.
I am looking for a replacement for it as I need more ports.
CSS610 looks like a good upgrade.