Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3600 (Part 1)

Can it work with gigabit?

yes, but I think you should read the thread, you have alot of info there with users who used it longer time than me, I just got it yesterday...:slight_smile:

What is this supposed to mean?

You are gonna have to lower your expectations or focus on more important things in life.

I don't get what do you expect from me?
This is my hobby, done in my free time and shared for others to use, contribute to, discuss whatever.
But don't expect that I or anybody else is here just to support you, and it's not like I have not replied or explained that if remoteproc crashes there is nothing that anybody without the remoteproc FW source can do.

So, nothing is guaranteed to work at all, if you want something that is supposed to always work use the stock FW and contact the manufacturer for support

24 Likes

You are right

That log is full of oom-killer messages - you've run out of memory so no good things are going to happen. Are you running a recent build? Unfortunately oom errors have been a common occurrence but seem to appear less often in builds from a couple of months ago. From the logs you've provided, the only issue seems to be OOM issues.

Personnaly, i'm running 2022-04-04 build without issue, no OOM (free memory between 130-170MB), no panic, perfectly working wifi (with 4 clients), 9d uptime.

Openwrtfunboy, I totally disagree with you. Without robimarko I would not have been able to run unbloated openwrt on my device, he does his best !

4 Likes

Not only with this. This happened first time. Main problem is that after 5 days and 12 hours wifi just disabling (ethernet works)

4 clients? I have 30 clients.
Also i dont have issues with memory (rom free almost all, ram 30% free)

Since OOM-killer got invoked obviously there was little to none free RAM

So why didn't OOM-killer free the memory? Or just rebooted the router?

It did free memory, by killing ath11k which was probably using most of it

1 Like

That latest log shows a remoteproc crash followed 6s later by oom-killer, so very likely remoteproc crashed due to low memory, like it tried a malloc or equivalent and failed, so panciked.

oom-killer is a last desparate attempt to kill less-needed processes to free up memory so the system remains at least somewhat available. As you've seen, the wireless dies but wired still works as oom-killer has managed to free up a little (not necessarily that it killed the wireless, wireless looks to have died of its own accord) so you can still communicate wired. Regardless, seeing oom-killer is bad, it pops up when memory is very low.

1 Like

What can I do?

I look at htop that Stubby only eats a little bit. It is configured as a recursive Dns-over-TLS server

the fact that we still have oom error with all that memory reserved for ath11k and remote proc is incredible...

1 Like

What is wrong with you? Are you for real?

Not an excuse.
You have two options if this is that critical to your work and/or life, to the point where you become "frustrated, emotioinal, and agressive."

Instead of spending money on multiple products, and free open source solutions that don't make your needs, save your money and purchase higher-end, enterprise level solutions. You can do that research yourself.

bye.

:roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Set a cron job to reboot overnight / every x nights? You seem to have a use case that causes the OOM errors more than the rest of us. What would be useful is to see what's using memory just before things go wrong - is it ath11k gobbling things up or have you got something else using a little extra memory that causes things to go over the edge.

Okay. How can i setup this? To provide to you more details.

Google is your friend.
Your approach in my opinion neccesitates that you figure these basics out for yourself.
I'm sure you can search for "cron" and "openwrt" and "reboot" right? Otherwise I'd be "disappointed in you."

3 Likes