Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3600 (Part 1)

All they can be doing with rings is setting their size, and we are not doing even that.
512MB patch only sets the FW mode and peer/vdev limits

Excuse me, I am trying to play with nss-cfi stuff, when I build initramfs image the router boots normal but when the size is bigger ¿more than 16MB? It cannot boot the kernel.

IPQ807x# bootm
## Loading kernel from FIT Image at 44000000 ...
   Using 'config@ac04' configuration
   Trying 'kernel-1' kernel subimage
     Description:  ARM64 OpenWrt Linux-5.15.33
     Type:         Kernel Image
     Compression:  gzip compressed
     Data Start:   0x440000e8
     Data Size:    17149622 Bytes = 16.4 MiB
     Architecture: AArch64
     Load Address: 0x41000000
     Entry Point:  0x41000000
     Hash algo:    crc32
     Hash value:   4e04c2df
     Hash algo:    sha1
     Hash value:   5f323ba8f67d74f410338cb181de865ab0234419
   Verifying Hash Integrity ... crc32+ sha1+ OK
## Loading fdt from FIT Image at 44000000 ...
   Using 'config@ac04' configuration
   Trying 'fdt-1' fdt subimage
     Description:  ARM64 OpenWrt xiaomi_ax3600 device tree blob
     Type:         Flat Device Tree
     Compression:  uncompressed
     Data Start:   0x4505b0e0
     Data Size:    42641 Bytes = 41.6 KiB
     Architecture: AArch64
     Hash algo:    crc32
     Hash value:   b9bb4b81
     Hash algo:    sha1
     Hash value:   4b227edffeb67584a81c27e91f8eea8f2c951987
   Verifying Hash Integrity ... crc32+ sha1+ OK
   Booting using the fdt blob at 0x4505b0e0
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

Format: Log Type - Time(microsec) - Message - Optional Info
Log Type: B - Since Boot(Power On Reset),  D - Delta,  S - Statistic
S - QC_IMAGE_VERSION_STRING=BOOT.BF.3.3.1-00147
S - IMAGE_VARIANT_STRING=HAACANAAA
S - OEM_IMAGE_VERSION_STRING=xiaoyang-gv
S - Boot Config, 0x000002e5
B -       201 - PBL, Start
B -      2735 - bootable_media_detect_entry, Start
B -      3443 - bootable_media_detect_success, Start

After of Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK it goes to boot loop.
*Good boot log:

Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
   Loading Device Tree to 4a3f2000, end 4a3ff680 ... OK
Using machid 0x8010010 from environment

Starting kernel ...

Why sometimes it cannot load de Device Tree after uncompress the kernel image?

Use ZSTD compression for initramfs

1 Like

I did some reading, it looks like the 10k-firmware-qca9887-ct (10.1-ct-87-__fW-022-ecad3248) does not support the rawmode.

I tried to install the 10k-firmware-qca9887 with LUCI. The system didn't find the hardware for radio0.

Giving up :wink:

1 Like

After 4 days and an hour of work, it happened that WiFi was turned off again, and the router became unavailable. I am attaching the kernel log. Does anyone have any guess why this happened? This didn't happen before.

I don't know who that is but the official Snapshots are working great for me and others...

https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/22.03-SNAPSHOT/targets/mediatek/mt7622/

Thank you for your sincere desire to help me. For the past 5 routers I have been buying them, and something is wrong with them. I'm just tired. Every time something is wrong. I think i will buy mini pc with many rj45 ports and will use xiaomi ac2350 only as dumb ap.

Or just spit on everything.

First there was the Archer C7, which lost Ethernet ports and then stopped working altogether. Then there was Lenovo newifi3 d2, which rebooted as soon as I approached it, glitches with the wifi driver. Then there was Armor Z2, which just lost internet with connected devices. And there were a few more, but I almost immediately took them to the store due to various reasons. Just some incredible bad luck to me :frowning:

My nickname perfectly reflects what I think. I'm an Openwrt fan, but it frustrates me how many attempts I've made and they all fail.

I'm going to cry.

hehe I understand, I've only had good experience with the few devices I used OpenWrt with, DIR-885L, R7800 and now the Xiaomi AX3200/Redmi AX6S...fingers crossed it stays this way. :slight_smile:

If I find it on the secondary market for a good price, I will definitely be disappointed (crossed out) try it

Can it work with gigabit?

yes, but I think you should read the thread, you have alot of info there with users who used it longer time than me, I just got it yesterday...:slight_smile:

What is this supposed to mean?

You are gonna have to lower your expectations or focus on more important things in life.

I don't get what do you expect from me?
This is my hobby, done in my free time and shared for others to use, contribute to, discuss whatever.
But don't expect that I or anybody else is here just to support you, and it's not like I have not replied or explained that if remoteproc crashes there is nothing that anybody without the remoteproc FW source can do.

So, nothing is guaranteed to work at all, if you want something that is supposed to always work use the stock FW and contact the manufacturer for support

24 Likes

You are right

That log is full of oom-killer messages - you've run out of memory so no good things are going to happen. Are you running a recent build? Unfortunately oom errors have been a common occurrence but seem to appear less often in builds from a couple of months ago. From the logs you've provided, the only issue seems to be OOM issues.

Personnaly, i'm running 2022-04-04 build without issue, no OOM (free memory between 130-170MB), no panic, perfectly working wifi (with 4 clients), 9d uptime.

Openwrtfunboy, I totally disagree with you. Without robimarko I would not have been able to run unbloated openwrt on my device, he does his best !

4 Likes

Not only with this. This happened first time. Main problem is that after 5 days and 12 hours wifi just disabling (ethernet works)

4 clients? I have 30 clients.
Also i dont have issues with memory (rom free almost all, ram 30% free)