Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3600 (Part 1)

what about wifi? wifi6 or wifi6e?

anyway there are model that cost 236$ shipped from spain ger and all...
can't find where is sold with 124

In that case I think I'll be ordering one or two on pay day :smiley:

lets just buy 20 of them and ask for a discount LOL

Group buy $20 a unit :wink:

But seriously £35 for a IPQ8071 bases router that will outpace pretty much anything sold in the UK is insane

1 Like

I will join in the group buy

With packet steering and SW offload enabled, 950Mbit/s stable DL via IPoE NAT.

1 Like

On Alibaba one can find sellers advertising USD 130 a pop but minimal order quantity 5 pieces. I am tempted to order some for you guys!

@robimarko anyway next task to do?

I think it's an exchange price for privacy on default firmware. If you sum cost of all components (even if you assume that xiaomi has huge discounts) it's more than 20$.

Also there aren't many client devices on market actually support 4x4. imho ax6 should be enough for at least next 5 years.

@robimarko @Ansuel It seems that you opened door for ipx807x platform. Thank you!

Only diff to AX3600 is the missing IoT radio, smaller flash (128MB) and a slightly weaker RF frontend on the 5GHz radio chain. Still a good buy IMHO.

same ram size?

512MB on the AX6

By the way, why am I seening only 367MB under OWRT?

so it's probably single partition... actually not bad!

tons of memory reserved for hungry ath11k and nss

Okke, so this is actually expected.Thanks!

@Ansuel

I noticed that if I push gigabit through NAT, in some cases I see this in kernel log:

NAPI poll function edma_napi+0x0/0x470 [qca_nss_dp] returned 164, exceeding its budget of 100.

Is this something interesting?

I guess testing for the possibility of performance drop over time and patch clean up ?

The "ath11k c000000.wifi: bss channel survey timed out" is still present. I guess that is a known issue.

we are still missing some feature from qsdk

Ahh you mean offloading ?