Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3600 (Part 1)

Awesome job !

I'm using my router as relay or access point. No dhcp. How can I login to interface without resetting.

Again, again and again :-/ Thread name are: Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3600 !!! Not about your problems with router!!!

5 Likes

Hope oneday OpenWrt will support ax3600.

They are working on it.
Be patient :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi guys. Any progress? I want to order this router, but still afraid that it won't be supported by OpenWRT. Thank you so much for your work.

1 Like

Hi,
If you look a little bit ahead, dev are actually busy on their personal life.
You can look progress here : https://github.com/robimarko/openwrt/commits/AX3600-v5.10
Someone also tried to build an image with the work of LGA1150, but their are still work needed.

Their is also a Chinese image available, I don't know if someone tried.

And, as always, no ETA :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys,

I've read that and issue is the switch driver, and I've seen that some ipq40xx use the qca8075 switch and I've found this in the openwrt source:

Can't this driver be used for our switch as well?

You do realize that the author of that commit, and one of the two developers trying to port OpenWrt to the ax3600 are the same person?

1 Like

QCA8075 is not a switch. It is just a 5-in-1 PHY.

1 Like

@LGA1150

Do you have a fully functional build you could post somewhere for the community?

Unfortunately no

1 Like

With regard to the ath11k c000000.wifi: qmi ignore invalid mem req type 3 error, there are two new patches for better qmi debug messages here and here. It might be worth backporting and doing a debug build with CONFIG_ATH11K_DEBUG set, boot with debug, and see if something more helpful pops up.

I found this link on this thread:

Known bugs:

The luci interface cannot turn on WiFi6, it must be set to 11AC(WiFi5) first, and then turn it on in the terminal:

80MHz bandwidth

uci set wireless.radio0.htmode=HE80

Or 160MHz bandwidth

uci set wireless.radio0.htmode=HE160

Restart wifi

uci commit wireless
wifi reload
The kernel log will output bss channel survey timed out errors from time to time

For the same reason, the status page and network-interface/wireless page may get stuck for nearly 1 minute

A bug in the PCIe driver makes IoT dedicated WiFi unavailable

Other considerations:

The wired network driver of IPQ807x uses a DSA-like architecture, and each network port is a physical interface in OpenWrt:

WAN = eth0

LAN1 = eth1

LAN2 = eth2

LAN3 = eth3

I'm not sure if that openwrt image from the link was already tested but you can use the commands to check if it fixes the AX wifi

@robimarko
I noticed your QCA807x patch from last week. Does it resolve any existing issues with the AX3600?

No. It is for QCA8072/5 PHYs, not the IPQ807x SoCs

1 Like

Keep up the good work :slight_smile:
Thanks for your kind help, we hope taht someday we will have a working build

@bitthief any progress ? Did you manage to buy a Bus Pirate V4 ? How can we help you ?

1 Like

With regard to the ath11k c000000.wifi: qmi ignore invalid mem req type 3 error, there are two new patches for better qmi debug messages here and here . It might be worth backporting and doing a debug build with CONFIG_ATH11K_DEBUG set, boot with debug , and see if something more helpful pops up.

I've seen that the new debug messages were added to detect an issue under some situations, more info here: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=210923#c4 the error seems different, but maybe the new debug messages con confirm something as @plevine suggests.

2 Likes

nmot to hijack this thread or anything but i also have a compex WPQ873 and was wondering if this would work on it. right now its running CompexWRT derivitive aka QSDK
BusyBox v1.30.1 () built-in shell (ash)

For those about to rock... (Chaos Calmer, r35193)

1 Like

where is your tree, i have an ipq6018 based board also