Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3600 (Part 1)

No, I tested the VPN in the kernel space. So no contest switch. The VPN is openvpn, but they
are putting the data channel into kernel space now. May upstream in the future. Refer to:

I am aware of DCO, even without context switching I am not surprised, its the same deal as QCE then which is really bad at small sizes.
Probably a EIP197 limitation

If you need performance and need not stick to openvpn you may try ipsec.

It is a long time ago that I tested them back to back but ipsec troughput always won by at least factor 2.
Migrated and did never regret.

Hi guys
I read all topic and cannot find similar problem to mine.
I flashed ax3600 fresh compiled robimarko dist but after that I cat get IP, just crazy 169.254.150.50 something something...

1 Like

@Ansuel I am trying to get the MTDOOPS driver working, but it fails writing anything to the pstore partition.

root@OpenWrt:/# echo 5 > /proc/sys/kernel/panic
root@OpenWrt:/# echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger
[   43.251630] sysrq: Trigger a crash
[   43.251669] Kernel panic - not syncing: sysrq triggered crash
[   43.253931] SMP: stopping secondary CPUs
[   43.259748] Kernel Offset: disabled
[   43.263735] CPU features: 0x00000000,00000802
[   43.266950] Memory Limit: none
[   45.689942] qcom-nandc 79b0000.nand: failure to write page
[   45.689971] mtdoops: write failure at 4096 (0 of 4096 written), error -110
[   45.694315] mtdoops: ready 2, 3 (no erase)
[   45.701176] Rebooting in 5 seconds..

unfortunately I can see that all LAN and WAN ports totally not blinking. Does that mean I can't access the router?

something bad happens on nand clock on kernel crash and nand is not writable anymore?

Well, its supposed to be working until kernel calls reset, NAND even has the panic write callback

Wouldn't it be risky to write into the NAND flash when the kernel paniced?

Well, it shouldn't be that risky, cause the kernel is still in control of everything and it that's is why they have the panic_write callback just for storing OOPS.

But, the nandc driver might not be implementing the OP though

Guys, when after flash I have stable blue LED but has no DHCP address what I should do? Router looks like LAN ports dosnt work

I continue to investigate why the router lost wifi every 12 hours. I noticed that DFS does not work correctly, it should change the channel, but in reality this does not happen. @robimarko, your thoughts?

I noticed that the lower the power of my transmitter, the less wifi crashes. By lowering both frequencies to 29dbm, the wifi crashes every ~5 days instead of every ~12 hours.

What WLAN config you are using?

What do you mean?
4 networks on 2,4, two network on 5ghz. Iot disabled
20 wlan clients, 50 wired

I also want to note that I live on a big mountain, almost at its very top, and there is also a meteorological station nearby (200 meters)

What's the channel width?

5ghz 80
2,4 40mhz and ticked box force

My country have limit wlan power 20 dbm, but to make bypass restriction i set US to both radio.

Please don't fake regulatory info, that's quite literally illegal cause you are irradiating outside of the legal limits.

Secondly, DFS channels differ widely between FCC, ETSI, JP, etc.
What does logread say when DFS gets triggered?

1 Like

I did not see any mention of DFS in the log, because the log is full of errors after wifi crash, but the problem started to go away after power down, so I guess I'm dealing with DFS

If I don't fake the regulatory info, I won't be able to get a good coverage of the house, there are strong concrete floors.

i used 36 and 149, they dont used by radars in eastern Europe

If you are using 36 and 149 then it cannot be DFS as those are not DFS channels.

Coverage is not an argument for breaking the legal limit.

1 Like