Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3600 (Part 1)

ah right my mistake.
I was looking at the wrong branch.

Thank you for the details!

Will try that sysupgrade! It just bricked for me now. :see_no_evil: :grinning:

On the long run, I'd like to add support in luci-app-advanced-reboot.

1 Like

Looks like the ECM high CPU load patch is already applied.
It's looking pretty good so far!

Yes, I merged it yesterday in the evening.

3 Likes

Hi,

could use a build hint: how to properly git pull AX3600-5.10-restart?
Each time I try, I get merge errors, but I don't change code, So far I only build the firmware.

both added:      target/linux/ipq807x/files/arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/ipq8072-ax9000.dts
        both added:      target/linux/ipq807x/files/drivers/hwmon/emc2305.c

P.S. Just FYI: had problems with (local) IP6 enabled (like often I didn't get an IP4 to my DHCP clients) but now, that I disabled IP6 completely (don't need it anyways), two routers work just fine extending an existing subnet with AX-WLANs, one serving DNS and DHCP for it.

# sync remote branch
git fetch origin AX3600-5.10-restart

# force current local branch to match remote one
# warning, this will discard all the modifications(except files in .gitignore) of current local branch
git reset origin/AX3600-5.10-restart --hard
4 Likes

I bricked my router: Quick question. I have serial access and want to boot the other partition with an intact system.

what are the commands from the boot loader menu for that? If I try
"IPQ807x# setenv flag_boot_success=0"
I get
Error: illegal character '='in variable name "flag_boot_success=0"

I believe the value in setenv is space separated, so replace the equal by a space.
Also, theoretically, it should switch the partition automatically after X failed boots.

1 Like

@Ansuel ECM doesn't crash anymore after I compile without PPPoE offload.
So the problem is now narrowed down to IPv6 PPPoE or Dual-stack PPPoE

Does it produce a stack trace?

1 Like

@robimarko mine produced an OOM after just 14 hours of uptime (rebooting the router every day at 04:30). When it happens, the router is still reachable, but no wifi and no internet even on the wired side. Just to keep this ath11k leak afloat :slight_smile:

Yeah, that is quite bad.
Honestly, I don't know how to properly debug that, ath11k is just so huge.

Which one is better: shitload of backporting, or debugging this? I have a feeling that OWRT will stuck on 5.10 for a relatively long time, so I am not sure we can avoid backporting anyway...

Backporting 5.13 ath11k is gonna need to happen anyway as QCN9074 which is used in AX9000 requires it.
I got it partly done, but backporting it caused the remoteprocesor driver to stop working and it looks like the MHI bus driver in 5.10 is not new enough also.

1 Like

that worked I was able to switch to the working one! Thx a lot!

Let me know if its pushed on your git, I am happy to give it a try.

How do I see if there's a stack trace

It will be printed in the kernel log if it happens

no stack trace

:astonished:

So you don't see anything on the serial after the PPPoE dialup succeeds?

Mon Jun 14 14:09:44 2021 daemon.notice pppd[2914]: pppd 2.4.8 started by root, uid 0
Mon Jun 14 14:09:44 2021 daemon.info pppd[2914]: PPP session is 2969
Mon Jun 14 14:09:44 2021 daemon.warn pppd[2914]: Connected to 00:25:90:xx:xx:xx via interface wan
Mon Jun 14 14:09:44 2021 kern.info kernel: [   23.956776] pppoe-wan: renamed from ppp0
Mon Jun 14 14:09:44 2021 daemon.info pppd[2914]: Renamed interface ppp0 to pppoe-wan
Mon Jun 14 14:09:44 2021 daemon.info pppd[2914]: Using interface pppoe-wan
Mon Jun 14 14:09:44 2021 daemon.notice pppd[2914]: Connect: pppoe-wan <--> wan
Mon Jun 14 14:09:47 2021 daemon.notice pppd[2914]: PAP authentication succeeded

My device restarts instantly (and sadly I don't have serial attached).

@robimarko , I hope that too.

@dchard , would you mind enabling IPv6 for a short time to capture a few stack trace? :wink: