Adding OpenWrt support for QNAP QHora-301W

Use the backports branch

Okay.

Btw I found the problem with the emmc.

In the stock DTS there ist the following remark:

qcom,bus-speed-mode = "HS200_1p8v", "DDR_1p8v"; /* QNAP: Down speed the emmc frequency from HS400 to HS200 for fixing mmc_hs400_to_hs200 failed */

I understand there is a problem with the switch HS400 > HS200 so they set the speed to HS200.

I did that like that in my DTS:

/delete-property/ mmc-hs400-1_8v;

But with the delete-property I get that error -110.

If I remove that delete-property entry, the card is recognized as HS400, but it's not stable.

Do you know an alternative way to reduce the speed to HS200?

Just remove the hs400 property and add the hs200 version, that should work.

Btw funny fact: they use a pwm controlled buzzer in that device, pretty annoying.

Under this circumstances it's good not to have a working pwm driver :wink:

Seriously, what for?
I cant think of a reason for that inside of a router, can only be annoying.

It beeps after the OS is booted and during a firmware upgrade for example

emmc is still not working in hs200....

&sdhc_1 {
		/* Down speed the emmc frequency from HS400 to HS200 for fixing mmc_hs400_to_hs200 failed */
		/delete-property/ mmc-hs400-1_8v;
		max-frequency = <384000000>;
		mmc-hs200-1_8v;
		mmc-ddr-1_8v;
		vqmmc-supply = <&ldo11>;
		status = "okay";
};
dhci_msm 7824900.sdhci: mmc0: DLL failed to LOCK
[    6.295737] mmc0: tuning execution failed: -110
[    6.300477] mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising MMC card

That has got to be annoying.

I am out of ideas, it kind of smells like a clock driver issue again.

Okay for the time being I reduce the speed to sdr and add a comment in the DTS

Yeah, regular HS mode should work fine.
I wish that the HK01 dev board which has everything wasn't that expensive as I don't even have a board with SD card support now.
Even better than that would be a datasheet, but it's not looking like that could happen anytime soon.

I never understood that hell of a price for that developer board.

I mean, it's in Qualcomms own interest to get as much as possible developers for there hardware, but not with that price.

Well, they are using them to showcase to the vendors what can be done with the HW and QSDK.
They don't really care about mainline development, otherwise, it all wouldn't be top-secret.
But even then the HK01 dev board price is just insane, I mean we are talking 1600 EUR + VAT

Hi, since https://github.com/robimarko/openwrt/commit/a0e0140b09f6924be4ca8de6019109c64433e60c there is a non-official openwrt image for the QNAP 301w available. Please note that this is experimental and not officially supported.
Image can be found here: https://github.com/robimarko/openwrt/suites/4286932146/artifacts/111726923

Installation instructions are in the git commit.

1 Like

@robimarko:
I'm trying to get pppoe wan working on eth5, (second 10G port) but it's not working (dhcp is working fine)

If I'm using another lan-port (removed from the br-lan bridge of cause) as wan port, pppoe ist working.

Do you have an idea? Is this also related to the ssdk and hardcoded switch mode?

And if yes, how is QNAP solving this in the stock firmware?

Honestly, I don't have an idea.
Are you using NSS offloading?

Yes, but I also tried it without. rmmod qca_nss_pppoe and stopped ecm.

I am out of ideas honestly, as if DHCP works then its not gonna be a forwarding issue.

Strange...do you know if it's possible to set one of the eth ports connected to the 8075 as the default wan port? I mean by setting another wan bmp?
So I could use the second 10G port for lan.

It should be, by just changing the DTS value for WAN and LAN BMP.
However, I need to see how its calculated

Thanks [kirdes, robimarko] for the excellent work.

Could you please confirm if there are any known issues in this unofficial build?
Does WIFI work, what about 160MHZ and AX mode, are they currently supported in this build?

I am also wondering if OpenVPN client and MWAN3 work as well?
And is it possible to install new packages or update existing packages without causing any problems using LuCI?

Could you please confirm if it's possible to install from SSH session only or the Serial connection is a must have to proceed?

Sadly, I returned my QHora-301W to Amazon.se last week due to OpenVPN issues, now I'm thinking of buying it again since it's become 100 Euro cheaper.

Thank you!

Check the ax3600 and ax9000 threads for the finer details of what currently works, and what doesn't, yet.