Adding OpenWrt support for QNAP QHora-301W

@kirdes Fresh AQR FW:

Yeah, I already saw that.

Need to test that.

The new firmware is working fine so far.
Before flashing that to mtd, it's necessary to add a proper u-boot header.

Just using u-boot/tools/mkheader.py like that:

python2 mkheader.py 0x44000000 0x13 AQR-G4_v5.5.6-AQR_CIG_WIFI_ID44858_VER1745.cld aqr_5.6.mbn

The file aqr_5.6.mbn has now the right header and can be flashed to the /dev/mtd10 partition.

2 Likes

Is there anybody interested in selling their Qhora?
It seems like they are never on sale and I really need one.

just do a daily google search, that's how I found the one at 199$ on sale

Trust me I am looking constantly, but in EU they haven't really seen a price drop.
I would even risk 260 EUR for Polish shops as they are the cheapest but they dont ship to Croatia

my luck was that I was in US, I understand your pain :slight_smile:

I assume this is from the QCA GPL U-boot dump, not in upstream U-boot?
Mine arrived a couple of days ago and its time to finally flash OpenWrt

Yeah, it's from the QCA U-boot, and works fine, thanks.

Also, does the right 10G port work for you?
I can see the counters going up but a simple DHCP client is not working on it.

1 Like

the lowest price i can find in France is 299€ on Amazon.
I would be tempted to take one but I have the impression from reading this topic that some ports still don't work under openwrt, right?

I have seen above that it is possible to activate the SSH connection, which in theory could allow me to set the necessary DHCP options necessary to connect to my ISP ( by editing the /etc/config/network file), is this correct ?

I have just flashed OpenWrt, so I am still scoping out what works and what not

2 Likes

Hi shdf,

Bought mine in France about a month ago for 198€, during winter sales. If you're not in a hurry, definitely wait for the summer sales to get an opportunity like before.

Thanks to all who did all this great work.
I compiled an openwrt from @robimarko 's repo, branch ipq807x-5.15. I had to disable something nss related in .config as only nss-drv (not sure about names though) is supposed to be working at the moment.

10g wan port was working fine, as well as the other one although I plugged it to a 1g network card.
I'm willing to help if stuff needs to be tested although I'm totally ignorant network wise.

omg, where did you buy at this price ?? With the poor ratings it gets from all buyers, I am also sure that there will be a price drop sooner or later.

Yeah the u-boot from the GPL dump.

The right 10G port (second 10G port) still doesn't work with 1G link speed, only with 2.5G and above.

rueducommerce.fr. I was watching the device for months and months. I even posted a deal on dealabs (don't know if you know it). Sale was already over when I discovered people were looking for it in this topic

thanks, yes i know both dealabs and Cdiscount :sweat_smile:
i found the deal : https://www.dealabs.com/bons-plans/routeur-qnap-qhora-301w-2x10gbe-4x1gbe-wifi6-2305252

Ok, I was using 1G on it, the left one seems to work fine.
I noticed that the bootcmd update to add AQR FW loading is incomplete in the commit message so that's been updated, will push it along with the change to QSGMII for the 1G ports as there is only 4 ports so PSGMII is not needed.
I tried getting AQR register datasheet again, but no reply from Marvell again.

200 EUR was a really good deal, I got mine for 255 from Cosaleo, now its back to 330 EUR.

@robimarko do you confirm that the original firmware is based on Chaos calmer ? and we can get root access with the WPS button as mentionned at the begining of this topic ? so we can manualy edit some config files ?

I don't really care about the stock FW at all, I just updated it to the latest one and immediately flashed OpenWrt.

But since its QSDK, it's 99% based on CC as only the newest QSDK is 19.07 based.

you did a sysupgrade ?

I don't understand, just followed the instructions from the commit message after backuping everything from a running OpenWrt initramfs.

1 Like