Adding OpenWrt support for MR74

I made a mistake in the sysupgrade image I sent you. Could you please do the following:

edit file /lib/upgrade/platform.sh using vi
go to line 168

where it says meraki,mr33), change this to look like:

meraki,mr33 |\
meraki,mr74)

and save the file. Here is the diff.

I have updated the images in the box.com URLs. You then need to redownload the sysupgrade from the same URL and flash it. You'll then have wireless working again and be able to upgrade as normal.

Let me know if you have any issues.

1 Like

That did the trick for sure Thanks!

1 Like

Ok so just using the standard bridge seems to work just fine but when I try to do VLAN per SSID it doesn't work.

VLAN support won't work. There is a PR in progress that will rectify this.

Do you know if it is possible to get a page for the MR74 like the MR33 has and have it updated with new firmware as it is released?

Since Meraki's already in the hw list, you should be able to request a wiki account, and add the page yourself.

How would I go about building a new sysupgrade bin for a device?

The MR74 is now included in the development snapshot builds so you might not need to build, depending on your use case. Otherwise you can follow the instructions on Github.

I see that the MR74 isn't in the snapshots. How do I get a stable release to install on my MR74? I have hit a point where I can't add WPA3 stuff to it due to an old package that can't be removed and has been removed from the tree.

Also it would be nice to have dawn and usteer as well

If a package is available in operwrt, simply install it ?

On the version I currently have it isn't an option. Plus the options that need to be enabled to use both Usteer and DAWN aren't there. The options don't show up on the SSIDs. If I knew how to modify an existing MR33 release like 22.03.5 to work on a MR74 I would but I don't. I have used image builder to make one but I lose my LED config and only the orange color works and it breaks my VLAN per SSID config that I ave working. I am able to use my MR33 with a latest release with VLANs, DAWN, USTEER, ect but can't with my MR74.

@phantomstranger could you send me your dump of mr74. It seems i fried my mr74 flash while i desoldered, programmer reads only zeros.

Well, your device is known-broken (and therefore disabled at the moment), 'just' fix that and get the image/ package building for free.

--
Yes, this is easier said than done, but there is no alternative to that.

Images are back, the issue was discovered and fixed.

You are a hero on this one. I have some projects for family and friends that use all the MR74s I have currently. Ever since I started using OpenWRT along time ago I have found it so addicting. I hope to find a way to contribute to the ecosystem better someday.

The only problem with that will be the ART partition has the calibration file for just that device. I can send a dump of my MR74 once I get a new stable release working. What is the best place to upload to for files that are around a GB?

Your best option is to use a 360clip with a programmer. I have used that for a few years now. They make them for the TSOP-48 and it works like a champ!

No, I'm not - thank @robimarko for coming up with the hypothesis :slight_smile:

@phantomstranger I have Xgecu T48 with tsop adapter, clip360 and couple of brand new empty flash chips. For file uploads msybe google drive shared read-only link, file.io or mega?