Adding OpenWrt support for Extreme Network AP3935i

Hi, I tried to build this but was unable to find the AP3935 in the menu. The link as expired, found and AP3965 I would like to try it on. I Think it is a outdoor version of 3935.

hy, please try this link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CWYMUm0Rwe8JBfC9ACGMR6Tf_8pxw27C/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Thanks! I will try and post the results.

Hello all
What tool do you guys use to flash the compiled file? and then what did you use to change the MOSTRECENTKERNEL=0?

Edit:
Just to add that I use Windows.

hy,
please follow the instructions from git commit

If you experience problems please write here.
Problem with "MOSTRECENTKERNEL=0" does not happen every time.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I've managed to flash the one you kindly provided via wetransfer.

Do you know if there is a later image available or how one would go about building one from the latest repo?

Also, how can I get apps installed such as OpenVPN, Dynamic DNS, WireGuard etc

hy

you need to apply the commit from @dmascord

you can include packages when you are in make menuconfig
BR

@saxy Thank you so much. I have never done this before so I will give this a go and feed back.

Is there a plan to make the support official? I am not knowledgeable with how these things work but from what I have seen, it looks like there was a Pull Request submitted to include support but the latest comment was to "rebase". I don't actually know what that means but it sounds like a request to download the most recent version of the full OpenWrt and re-apply the code to support the AP3935i and possibly fix any inconsistencies or conflicts. I hope I've that's correct.

I think I figured out how to do it. Instead of checking out v22.03.0-rc6, you need to run git checkout -b 356e98db7cac873dcd1a9c89d6c9360c436f094e then continue with the ./scripts/feeds update -a steps

@saxy At the make menuconfig menu, I am not seeing the Extreme option in the list of profiles. The only options are:
Arris TR4400 v2
Askey
ASRock
Buffalo
Compex WPQ864
etc etc

and no

extreme_ap3935i

I went with the default and it generated

openwrt-ipq806x-generic-arris_tr4400-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Hi all

How do I get a current openwrt on an AP3935?
So far, only a hash (Openwrt RC) has been referred to or an older image has been shared.

My idea would be

1. Use Openwrt Master
  2. Customize the master (https://github.com/dmascord/openwrt/commit/356e98db7cac873dcd1a9c89d6c9360c436f094e)
  3. Adjust the URL of point 2 of the board image
  4. Compile

Does this work and has anyone done this before?

Is there an easier way?

I'm not a developer, but I tried to gather some information.

IPQ8068 is already supported by OpenWRT for https://openwrt.org/toh/meraki/mr52 and https://openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/edge-core/edge-core_ecw5410

I think that downloading the board image is no longer necessary.
If I understand it correctly, we only needed the following files, with the appropriate changes:

• 02_network
  • 11-ath10k-caldata
  • 05_set_iface_mac_ipq806x.sh
  • die dts-Datei
  • generic.mk

I'm trying to implement and compile it.

Could a developer please take a look at this?

But I have a basic question.
The AP3935 transitioned to master in November 2021. Why is the AP3935 no longer included in the current release?

hy,
i build the image myself one year ago, and flashed two devices
they seemed to work fine. i decided to run smaller aps (ap3805i)
the ap3935i is not in use

the commit from @dmascord is fine, but it was not merged to openwrt master https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/4369
i was told by @Ansuel to rebase on actual master, but i can't do it
if a developer can fix this, it would be great

Hi I need to check it out... But if the dev can't do it I would ask if you could create a new pr and keep the sob tag from the previous pr and add your on top...
And continue the discussion/review there

Thanks for the answers.

@saxy
This github-hash is for the openwrt 20.03.0-rc6. I would like to create a current image in the hope that this will then be transferred to the master.

@Ansuel
Please don't hit :slight_smile:
I've adjusted the files as I think it might work. But I have to say that I am absolutely new to Openwrt.
I'll try to describe my changes here, because I haven't worked with github yet to create a new proposal. sorry for that. I'll try to catch up.

• qca_ath10k.mk - These changes are no longer needed (I think because the ipq8068 is supported by openwrt by default.).
  • config-5.10 - I used the config-5.15 with the appropriate changes.
  • qcom-ipq8068-ap3935i.dts - change Line 286
    from
    &nand_controller {
    to
    &nand {
  • Makefile - These changes are no longer needed.
  • 0069-arm-boot-add-dts-files.patch - These changes are no longer needed.
  • I took over all other files.

With these changes I can at least compile the image without errors. I realize that doesn't automatically mean it will work. I can't test it right now because I don't have an AP3935 here right now.
But I'll try to catch up on that as soon as possible.

Thank you verg much for your support.

1 Like

My suggestion is to still try to create a pr so we can start the review process early. Your local changes looks ok but there may be some extra polish to do to the dts and other stuff.

So if you can waste some time in learning new stuff on how to use git and propose a pr on github I would really appreciate it.

I get to work.

Thank you for your replay.

1 Like

I can test it if you send me the image.

Here is my current image based on the current master from Openwrt.

I'm trying to create a pull request in the project of dmascord.

I'm not sure if I did this correctly, but opened a new pull request:

I also added new links in the previous post for the AP3935 temporary image.

New Link for Image-Files:

@saxy
Have you ever been able to test the image?