Adding OpenWrt support for Extreme Network AP3805i

Hi there. I managed to found an alternative way to reach a web interface that allow me to upgrade firmware and access SSH. Roadmap was: Revert AP firmware to V2.0.1(First release) trough WLC controller. Remove AP from WLC, Reset to default. After that is possible to logon to default web console, enable SSHD....
image image There is some bin already built that I can try to use on one of these boxes? I´m more a Electronic´s and Infrastructure than a DEV guy, so any help that is not related to compile new builds are appreciated.

Just as curiosity!

Commands available

I am interested in the output of fw_printenv

you should open a new thread and link it here....

Ok will open soon... Seems to be 115200.

Here.

Thanks

I’ve built the image but I can’t run it because there’s no valid init

in some cases you may need a OEM router to do the initial downgrading of the original firmware that is discussed in the other post in order to access SSH. It is also possible to pass the openwrt image through the router that manages it.

I do not have the device, so I cannot say for sure what you need to do
I can only compare this device to Watchguard devices so much, but they are not the same software obviously, so their exact directions are likely not the way to flash

you may want to try serial console with the UART pins

Wait, I didn’t explain myself well. I can run it through TFTP but I cannot flash the image (it doesn’t get written)

and just to be clear we are talking about AP3805i right?

post log?

have you been following the procedure from the current pull request?

Yes

The forum breaks the link, but it’s one of the last comments there

Yes

Is the initramfs log from an untouched system or from the already flashed one?
Did you flash from web-gui or from cli?

you are compiling your own image?

to me it looks like you have compiled the kernel alone without the package feeds being downloaded first, simply missing a step in the process

reading helps you understand but I should mention that all you need to do to update package feeds is

make package/symlinks clean

I think it’s an already flashed one but I’ll post later a pristine OEM bootlog

Oh well… maybe this is what causes the issue. Why the initramfs image works though? Also, I’ve dumped all mtds and extracted them with Jefferson and none contains a valid OpenWrt root

Hi. Despite compiling the image and following all the steps, I was not successful. I don't know where I went wrong. Can the friends who run it please share the files. thanks..

hy and welcome!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e7kLaK1dWnCCJCh8TuVOgFB2yGyrBG3g/view?usp=sharing
here are my files (image is with LUCI)
they work fine with my 3 devices.

maybe can you share your console output here, maybe I or someone else can have a look.

1 Like

Thanks. I tried it on 3 devices and it worked on all of them.

2 Likes

Hy,
I compiled the stable branch 21.02 for ap3805
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ePAX6CvSPFkW0wfaq4HRhEPVtaJ-kWxM/view?usp=sharing
Everyone who wants to add packages with opkg can try it!
Worked on one of my devices without problems

1 Like