Adding OpenWrt support for Comfast CF-E130N V2

"route" command output has told me you have no default route.
"nslookup" command output has told me you have no DNS servers configured, or DNS servers configured which are not accessible on this LAN.
"ping" is irrelevant, due to the output of "route".
"wget" is irrelevant, due to the output of "route".

Please check your configuration found under "/etc/conf/network". Here an example of mine;

config interface 'vlan10'
        option type 'bridge'
        option proto 'static'
        option netmask '255.255.255.0'
        option ip6assign '60'
        option gateway '192.168.10.254'
        option ipaddr '192.168.10.240'
        list dns '192.168.10.1'
        option stp '1'
        option ifname 'eth0.10 gre4t-trunk0.10'

Note:

• option gateway
  • list dns

Edit: You really are asking questions regarding "using" OpenWRT, not development specific questions. Faster replies will most likely be found at the forum "Installing and Using OpenWRT"

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply, I will give it a try.

I had posted in Installing and Using OpenWRT with out luck but found this thread which seems people here have had the same problem.

Would be nice if firmware has debug channels available on stock firmware.

Debug channels = 2300-2700mhz

maybe not the best place to ask, but i cannot find a good place to ask...

i want to buy two....
is there any diffrance between V1 and V2?
can i really get lets say 500 meters?

BEWARE, I used the linked image to install via the web gui, and found myself in a world of pain.

I found - too late - https://openwrt.org/toh/comfast/cf-e120a (a different Comfast device) which says for v2.6.0.5 (I have v2.6.0.7):

Standard OpenWrt images can not be flashed anymore from the web interface.

It doesn't say why, but having done that, in failsafe mode, with mount_root I was seeing

jffs2 not ready yet, using temporary tmpfs overlay

Trying to workaround that, I got to a state where I couldn't enter failsafe mode. And I can't seem to get to the U-Boot recovery page.

I think if I was attempting this again, I'd start by getting SSH access (as described on the cf-e120a page)

The key to getting the U-Boot recovery web page turned out to be setting the IP address of the connected computer to 192.168.1.10. It wasn't enough to use some other address on the same subnet!

After this, I was able to upload the image again via the recovery web page, and after that ssh in (without a root password).

From there, it was possible to install luci. But first, I had to add DNS settings and a gateway to the lan interface, in /etc/config/network . For example:

option dns '8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4'
        option gateway '192.168.2.1'

http://www.comfast.cn/index.php?spm=a2g0s.imconversation.0.0.6b4e3e5fP4sS1x&m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=86&id=284

If anyone still needs it