Adding OpenWrt support for Asus RP-N14

Hi, it is possile to built Openwrt for RP-N14 too?

Seems CPU MediaTek_MT7620A is identical with RP-N53

You'll be the only one to answer this question.

No one else has one of those on the desk.

Kinda works (?)

Hello there, I happened to find a RP N-14 that was to be thrown away and had the time to experiment with it in a "stupid" way: I tried the fastest possible route to check if OpenWRT would work on it after comparing the two device spec. sheets that @janda posted at the top, and figuring out that they are almost identical.
Now, I'm just a mad scientist, not a knowlegable OpenWRT user, and I could have got lucky, however: the ASUS RP N-14 boots with the update image for the RP N-53, which I installed following these steps:

• Turn off the device with its integrated power switch on the side
  • Connect the device via ethernet to a PC
  • Edit that PC's wired connection properties to use a static IP address of 192.168.1.1, netmask of 255.255.255.0 and to use custom DNS, leaving the server list empty
  • Put a pin inside the reset button hole, on the side of the device and keep it in there
  • Switch on the device while holding the pin on the reset button, until the LED bar blinks all blue
  • Remove the pin from the reset hole
  • Download the OpenWRT update image for the ASUS RT N-53 and the TFTP client binary (link for Windows only, on Linux just install tftp from the repositories) and put them in the same folder
  • Run the following commands from that folder, inside a terminal emulator:
bin
trace
put openwrt-22.03.5-ramips-mt7620-asus_rp-n53-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
  • Wait for the device to reboot, it will take some minutes: in the mean time, run a ping to 192.168.1.1 to check when it becomes available again
  • When the device starts responding to pings consistently, with a browser, navigate to 192.168.1.1 and log in to LuCI :tada:

References: