Adding DSA support to TP-Link Archer C7 v4/ whole ath79 tree

There is, but this isn't highest priority. First, we need to resolve performance regression on traffic between CPU and switch introduced probably by the 2-byte additional Atheros header, which isn't aligned to machine word boundary.

Testing is good to do.

The DSA PR is currently stalled as ath79 is a huge target with many devices and currently the PR breaks 100mbps and realtek switch users.

Great! Compiling from source, at the moment, goes over my head. But if I can get my hands on a ready to flash image I will be glad to help!

should be as simple as

git clone https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt
curl https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/openwrt/openwrt/pull/4622.patch | git am
make menuconfig <-- configure image
make

Great to know, if I have a little bit of time this weekend I definitely will try it ! Thanks

Hey! I got a little bit of time and tried to clone and apply the patch. Seems like Im missing some other patches but couldn't figure it out.
Can you help me?

Applying: ath79: convert all users of ar83{2,3}7 to qca8k
.git/rebase-apply/patch:5148: trailing whitespace.
		#address-cells = <1>;		
error: patch failed: target/linux/ath79/dts/qca9557_dongwon_dw02-412h.dtsi:135
error: target/linux/ath79/dts/qca9557_dongwon_dw02-412h.dtsi: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: target/linux/ath79/generic/base-files/etc/board.d/02_network:415
error: target/linux/ath79/generic/base-files/etc/board.d/02_network: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: target/linux/ath79/nand/base-files/etc/board.d/02_network:30
error: target/linux/ath79/nand/base-files/etc/board.d/02_network: patch does not apply
Patch failed at 0001 ath79: convert all users of ar83{2,3}7 to qca8k

That's because the PR is not updated against latest master. I've abandoned the project for now. @Ansuel and others are working on fixing qca8k.

Maybe trying this with kernel 5.15 will be a better time.

1 Like

Sad to hear that! Thanks anyway.

Hey @Ansuel! let me know if you need any C7v5 to test any potential fixes