Adding channels 100 to 144 DFS to Mi AX3600

Hi developers. Mi AX3600 doesn't support channels 100 to 144 DFS. Is it possible to add this to the ax3600 build?

There is no official OpenWrt build... To which build are you referring?

This one. Not official: Xiaomi AX3600 install guide

You need to ask that question to the creator of that build.
If you can not reach this creator, you could ask in Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3600.

1 Like

normally to use the DFS channels it is necessary to correctly program the WIFI country

1 Like

It's the Qualcomm SDK based on an ancient OpenWrt fork. Allowed channels should register fine with an up to date wireless-regdb and the correct country code set.

1 Like

Could anyone please point out which files in which directories should be modified in order to change the country?

if you have another openwrt device with working dfs channels, go in lib/firmware and find the regulatory.db , use that. not sure if that will work but you can try.

1 Like

AX3600 already has DFS channels: 52-64 in firmware version 1.0.50 but this version cannot access thru SCP.

1 Like

Hello, are you found a working config to enable 100+ 5Gh frequencys?

As I dig further, it seems that the database for channel listing is kept at Mi's server. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In rc.local: iw reg set COUNTRY_CODE

root@XiaoQiang:~# nvram get CountryCode
CN

root@XiaoQiang:~# nvram set CountryCode=EU
root@XiaoQiang:~# nvram commit

1 Like

Hi, was done this changes before but the eu channel even if appears in miwifi config, they are like disabled or they are empty freqs.

At least in my ax5 latest firmware, i was trying to change 100+ channels and wifi didnt wake up in this eu channels.

Hope understand me english, thanks.

@chatr

1 Like

Use you EU for the 2 * WIFI 2.4 & 5 GHz ?

I tried to edit /etc/config/wireless changing to ch 100. The menu showed channel 100 but when I used wifi scanner app, the router didn't emit the channel 100 radio waves. I guess I failed to change the country code setting so it won't.

1 Like