Add support for TP-LINK AX55 V1

glinet lays out its developments and tools . It seems to me that they should be enough to adapt the interface shell

1 Like

I can create a flashable image from the latest redmi ax3000 image by changing the image type to tp-link factory and you can try. It would be fine to check serial consule output with this image.
ax55 have a quite good recovery solution:

• hit reset button when plug the power cable and wait until led switch to orange.
  • connect to lan port and set static ip (e.g. 192.168.0.2)
  • connect to 192.168.0.1 with browser and you can flash back factory image
    If you want to try it, I'll share the image(s)

This is very good
i have ax53 https://static.tp-link.com/upload/gpl-code/2023/202302/20230206/GPL_AX53v1.tar.gz
if you create for it i can check

redmi has a slightly different model of the network module .
I think it needs to be edited before compilation

1 Like

I have AX53v1 as master8 and I would like to try it too.

2 Likes

Much of this conversation is over my head. But I have an TP-Link AX55v1 that I'd like to run openwrt on, specifically to enable SQM. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I'm a software engineer but I don't know a lot about firmware.

write in private messages to kolomparrudi he has already started development . I think you can do some of the work by speeding up the development process

hi ... do let me know if you need help ... got a tp-link Archer AX55 v1.0

Firmware Version:
1.1.8 Build 20230304 rel.60634(4555)
Hardware Version:

and really miss not being able to run transmission on it :frowning:

1 Like

I don't seem to have access to private messages. Still following along here to see how I can help though!

@kolomparrudi How did you enable SSH on the AX55? I can unpack and repack the FW but can't seem to enable SSH.

2 Likes

Did anyone try this / manage to get OpenWRT running on TpLink AX3000 - Archer AX55 ?

1 Like

Tried reading the whole thread ?

Im wondering if this jas been completed? The firmware for this router doesnt have enough configuration as id like. I did read the entjre thread but never seen anywhere to download openWrt firmware for the archer AX55 anywhere.

Did you figure it out?

... what does that tell you ?

I don't believe that anyone has successfully complied firmware for this router. If they have, they have not uploaded it here.
Somebody posted that @kolomparrudi had already stared development 5 months ago, but I imagine he has run into difficulties.
I myself would be willing to help out, but I am not a developer.
So to answer your question, I don't believe it has been completed, and hope that if anyone does manage to that they will post it here.

With this answer, I have attempted to ensure that the forum rules are applied, notably: Improve the Discussion
Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.

1 Like

Hi @kolomparrudi ,
could you pls share firmware and instruction?
Tnanks

If anyone knows how to decrypt the configuration file and pack it back, please share

A post was split to a new topic: Add support for TP-Link AX53

Edit: I was also unable to enable ssh despite applying a custom firmware image