Add support for MikroTik RB5009UG

Thanks a bunch! Just hotplugged my Digitus DAC, and working as expected:

root@OpenWrt:~# ethtool -m sfp
Cannot get Module EEPROM data: No such device or address
SFP module not in cage?
root@OpenWrt:~# ethtool -m sfp
	Identifier                                : 0x03 (SFP)
	Extended identifier                       : 0x04 (GBIC/SFP defined by 2-wire interface ID)
	Connector                                 : 0x21 (Copper pigtail)
	Transceiver codes                         : 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x04 0x00 0x00 0x00
	Transceiver type                          : Passive Cable
	Encoding                                  : 0x00 (unspecified)
	BR, Nominal                               : 10300MBd
	Rate identifier                           : 0x00 (unspecified)
	Length (SMF,km)                           : 0km
	Length (SMF)                              : 0m
	Length (50um)                             : 0m
	Length (62.5um)                           : 0m
	Length (Copper)                           : 2m
	Length (OM3)                              : 0m
	Passive Cu cmplnce.                       : 0x01 (SFF-8431 appendix E) [SFF-8472 rev10.4 only]
	Vendor name                               : OEM
	Vendor OUI                                : 00:40:20
	Vendor PN                                 : DN-81222
	Vendor rev                                : T
	Option values                             : 0x00 0x00
	BR margin, max                            : 0%
	BR margin, min                            : 0%
	Vendor SN                                 : 2021xxxxxx
	Date code                                 : 21121000

For those running on adron's 5.10 tree, the SFP GPIO patch can be applied to it without issues.

4 Likes

thanks for all everybody, he work at my home now :wink:

Capture d’écran 2022-03-15 à 17.48.49

2 Likes

Good to.know

1 Like

Anyone tried sfp with hsgmii?

Would it be possible to sysupgrade from an image built from adron's repo to a 5.15 image from robimarko's rb5009-5.15 branch, or would one need to start over with the initramfs? Would it work to modify /lib/upgrade/platform.sh to make platform_do_upgrade() use default_do_upgrade and then sysupgrade?

1 Like

Not yet, sorry. I have been hit by various other issues around the house. First, our cooktop stopped working and spare parts or a replacement are close to impossible to procure in a timely manner. And now the heating also stopped due to a bad NTC. I soldered another one in place which kinda works still trying to figure out proper B value and stuff... Luckily, we have a modern heat pump and are not reliant on gas or oil like much of the rest of Europe!

2 Likes

Is the 5.10 tree stable enough ? What are your thoughts ?

I have the impression it's pretty stable, I haven't put it into production. 2,5G is still an issue AFAICT. The QCA8081 NIC won't work at 2,5G (link shows at the other end, correct speed, but no ping or other connectivity), will work with 1G.

I can't comment on the 5.10 tree but I'm running 5.16 on mine as my primary home router and I think all of the important bits are backported so I think the OpenWRT port should be good. Not using 2.5G or the SFP+ port yet, but driving my 500M connection just fine.

2 Likes

Ok, thus @ardon 's 5.10 build still requires these

mvebu: cortexa72: enable ARM_ARMADA_8K_CPUFREQ #9259

mvebu: rb5009: add SFP GPIO pins

Frankly I find it easier to just apply adron's patches on top of a current master (or the 22.03 branch if you'd like). Master has the first patch already integrated.

Yes, you could do this, for me master have been broken many a times trying Batman-adv........

22.03 will be using 5.10. That won't change. You should be a happy camper :slightly_smiling_face:.

I was waiting for recently released 21.02.2 support for the MiktroTik hAP ac3 but it stuck in snapshot

So yes will have to wait for 22.03 ....

This is getting offtopic, but... Like I said, 22.03 has been branched. So no need to wait.

Yes, i have sent you private message also

Will check it out, thanks

Running @adron's 5.10 build with both the CPUFREQ and SFP GPIO patches. Very smooth for the last 24h.

you modified your comment ? Not sure if this is what you were looking for ?
SWITCH/VLAN config page

DSA now requires you to go

Network -> Interfaces -> br-lan Configure -> Bridge VLAN filtering to see this

for VLAN configuration

Hi Mark

Tried to modify the question but completely deleted it ! (never correct and drive) But yes I was looking for the SWITCH/VLAN section on adron's build. Thanks for the reply. Found it :laughing:

1 Like

I got my Zen 3 CPU, so I'll be able to test with the RTL8125B 2,5G NIC on my B550 motherboard soon, although I do not expect it to behave any different than the other multigig connections I have around. Just for anyone interested in looking into the QCA8081 :stuck_out_tongue:.

3 Likes