Add support for D-Link COVR-X1860

Hi @all,
I have successfully flashed openwrt on my two APs. However, something went wrong with the second attempt and now it is no longer accessible.
Reset does not seem to work. How can I recovern the AP?
Do I need to flash over serial and how?

Is recovery still working? Set the IP of your computer To 192.168.0.10, keep the reset button pressed while powering on the device and check if you can reach http://192.168.0.1 with a browser.
If it works, you can flash the recovery image there.

No is not working, can not ping 192.168.0.1

Looks like the exact same implementation as in my tool, the encrypted payload digest is still okay, but the decrypted image is weird in terms of padding, no idea what D-Link did to generate this... :man_shrugging:

I remember from DAP-X1860 that ping didn't work but the recovery web interface was working anyway, can you check?
What was the last thing you did with the device when it was working?

sysupgrade -f openwrt-ramips-mt7621-dlink_covr-x1860-a1-squashfs-recovery.bin was the last I did

I wouldn't want to go back to the original, but unfortunately the mesh doesn't want to work, it's greyed out when creating and I can't rewrite the ssid..

Blink red ?

only red, no blinking

openwrt-ramips-mt7621-dlink_covr-x1860-a1-squashfs-recovery.bin is not intended to be used with sysupgrade, openwrt-ramips-mt7621-dlink_covr-x1860-a1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin would be the correct one in this case.
Not sure what is happening when you sysupgrade with the wrong image, but my expectation is that recovery mode is still possible afterwards because the boot loader is not modified.

Also no red blinking when you try to enter recovery mode?

what are the settings to connect over ttl?

U need click reset and put power on and wait for blink.

ok, now is blinking red and the network card show a link is up
but no website is possible to open

U need manual write lan IP like 192.168.0.2 mask 255.255.255.0

ok, found the problem the recory page is on 192.168.0.1 now I can upload a file, with one is the right for this?

openwrt-ramips-mt7621-dlink_covr-x1860-a1-squashfs-recovery.bin

1 Like

ok was successfull but openwrt only over ssh is possible. Red LED is fast flashing

Did you reset the IP configuration to DHCP?

No set a static ip 192.168.1.10, dhcp is not working. Ping to 192.168.1.1 is possible and also ssh.

BusyBox v1.36.1 (2023-05-24 21:53:33 UTC) built-in shell (ash)

| |.-----.-----.-----.| | | |.----.| |_
| - || _ | -| || | | || || |
|
_____|| |
||||___||| |____|
|
| W I R E L E S S F R E E D O M

OpenWrt SNAPSHOT, r23086+1-3591353f51

================= FAILSAFE MODE active ================
special commands:

• firstboot reset settings to factory defaults
  • mount_root mount root-partition with config files

after mount_root:

• passwd change root's password
  • /etc/config directory with config files

for more help see:

• failsafe_and_factory_reset
  • root_password_reset
    =======================================================

root@(none):~# firstboot
This will erase all settings and remove any installed packages. Are you sure? [N/y]
y
/dev/ubi0_1 is not mounted
/dev/ubi0_1 will be erased on next mount