Add OpenWrt support for Xiaomi "Redmi AX6000"

The page you shared does not contain information about my problem

I would like to restore the flash and U-Boot, I get β€œsystem halt!” Message from U- boot

WDS client issues have been fixed as of latest mt76 commits in snapshot. I think this affected any client/mesh configurations. My setup has been stable for 10 hours now whereas it would drop hourly before.

Here is stable in 23.05rc2. I not test snapshot images

Under the 6.1 kernel version being tested, the led driver cannot be compiled

Snipaste_2023-07-08_01-16-01

1 Like

Why not? Run with make -j1 V=s to see more. Post the relevant parts.

make -C /home/wslusers/openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-mediatek_filogic/linux-6.1.38 KCFLAGS="-fmacro-prefix-map=/home/wslusers/openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl=target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl -fno-caller-saves " HOSTCFLAGS="-O2 -I/home/wslusers/openwrt/staging_dir/host/include -I/home/wslusers/openwrt/staging_dir/hostpkg/include -I/home/wslusers/openwrt/staging_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/host/include -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes" CROSS_COMPILE="aarch64-openwrt-linux-musl-" ARCH="arm64" KBUILD_HAVE_NLS=no KBUILD_BUILD_USER="" KBUILD_BUILD_HOST="" KBUILD_BUILD_TIMESTAMP="Fri Jul  7 15:38:38 2023" KBUILD_BUILD_VERSION="0" KBUILD_HOSTLDFLAGS="-L/home/wslusers/openwrt/staging_dir/host/lib" CONFIG_SHELL="bash" V=''  cmd_syscalls= KBUILD_EXTRA_SYMBOLS="/home/wslusers/openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-mediatek_filogic/symvers/gpio-button-hotplug.symvers" KERNELRELEASE=6.1.38 M="/home/wslusers/openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-mediatek_filogic/leds-ws2812b" modules
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/wslusers/openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-mediatek_filogic/linux-6.1.38'
  CC [M]  /home/wslusers/openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-mediatek_filogic/leds-ws2812b/leds-ws2812b.o
/home/wslusers/openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-mediatek_filogic/leds-ws2812b/leds-ws2812b.c:221:27: error: initialization of 'void (*)(struct spi_device *)' from incompatible pointer type 'int (*)(struct spi_device *)' [-Werror=incompatible-pointer-types]
  221 |         .remove         = ws2812b_remove,
      |                           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/wslusers/openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-mediatek_filogic/leds-ws2812b/leds-ws2812b.c:221:27: note: (near initialization for 'ws2812b_driver.remove')
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[4]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:250: /home/wslusers/openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-mediatek_filogic/leds-ws2812b/leds-ws2812b.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [Makefile:2012: /home/wslusers/openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-mediatek_filogic/leds-ws2812b] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/wslusers/openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-mediatek_filogic/linux-6.1.38'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:37: /home/wslusers/openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-mediatek_filogic/leds-ws2812b/.built] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/wslusers/openwrt/package/kernel/leds-ws2812b'
time: package/kernel/leds-ws2812b/compile#0.60#0.08#0.86
    ERROR: package/kernel/leds-ws2812b failed to build.
make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:120: package/kernel/leds-ws2812b/compile] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/wslusers/openwrt'
make: *** [/home/wslusers/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:232: package/kernel/leds-ws2812b/compile] Error 2

Updated my two AX6000 today.
I had to adjust the wireless configuration because I was also a victim of the 4 radios.
After I provided the two new radios with the Wifi SSIDs and deleted the old ones, WLAN worked again after a reboot.

One router is now running OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r23530-0e83b5e6cc / LuCI master git-23.158.78004-23a246e and the other is running OpenWrt 23.05.0-rc2 r23228-cd17d8df2a / LuCI openwrt-23.05 branch git-23.118.79121-6fb185f.

If I should notice something, you will hear from me, of course.

I'm still on the original firmware of the redmi ax6000.

I want an easier way, that I don't have to keep taking it off the ceiling.

There's no 'plug and play' way to do this, the easiest one is to do it via ssh. Just follow the instructions on the device's page.

If you speak Deutsch there's a video showing how to do it, but even if you don't speak it still can help.

1 Like

Where did you read the "tutorial"? I think the official installation guide is simple enough now.

I followed the steps in this video in deutch. Even if you don't speak the language, you can understand the steps. I used it as a reference to install here

1 Like

I have added many features, many written in golang, resulting in a volume larger than the stock partition size, perhaps a markup should be written to bring it to the user's attention?

Might it be better to start with small stock ubi and create larger partitions in subsequent sysupgrade?

10 days, no problem here

1 Like

Why official images not use full packages instead of tiny one at this firmware?
For example, wpad. Since there are many spare space on nand, we can use full versions instead of tiny ones. So able to use mesh function as is. Otherwise it create issues on update. You have to install required packages on each update...

1 Like

Really? I'm plagued by frequent disconnects.

The last firmware that didn't have problems was the one I compiled on June 3, waiting for the 6.1 test kernel.

Now I see these in the logs:

IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to local deauth request

IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)

And both 5.15 and 6.1 kernel have this problem, I do think mac80211 loss detection do the bad things, I will try lately

1 Like

My devices are Intel AX200 and Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G

Have you been to Interfaces / wireless network / edit / advanced settings?

There is how to disable polling for inactivity

I found that patch has already gone from subsys... so it cannot do the bad things

I have tried to disable polling for inactivity, but nothing helps...sad

I do not know how to solve it now

1 Like