Adblock vs Adguard Home

Thanks for all your previous input. I have installed both Adblock and AdGuardHome. I've setup AdGuardHome from the setup page at [myrouter-ip-address]:3000 to provide DNS name resolution from port 5353. But I'm not sure how I make the router itself use this instance as it's DNS server for name resolution.

I've tried all Diagnostics utilities from Luci Network/Diagnostics, and found out that name resolution is still working, but seem to be getting data from the original dnsmasq that apparently is still operational from port 53.

I'm hesitant to change the port from Luci Network/DHCP and DNS, as per image below. Is this the correct place to make the necessary change? Looks to me that this would instead change the original dnsmasq name resolution conflicting with the port I've mentioned above for AdGuardHome...

EDIT: I don't know if I got it right, but I added list server '192.168.1.1#5353' to the dnsmasq section of /etc/config/dhcp and now it seems that it's working like this:

• system dns server: original dnsmasq existing from default OpenWrt installation, on port 53.
  • dnsmasq then forwards queries to AdGuardHome's dns server on the same machine, but on port 5353.

I also added the following to /etc/firewall.user:

nat -A PREROUTING -i br-lan -p udp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.1:5353
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br-lan -p tcp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.1:5353

Questions:
a) Am I on the right track, or should I change anything?
b) How about DHCP? Is it still being taken care of by the original dnsmasq instance?

Best regards