Adblock support thread

Works for me as expected, please make sure to disable DoH in your browser and/or install banIP as well to block public DoH serve, too.
Just note: Please don't use huge package archives like 'shallalist' or 'utcapitole' in your setup ... it's too much for your device and slows down your processing time a lot. Personally I would recommend the small tracking sources and maybe the standard 'stevenblack' source.

@smeep Isn't it possible your work VPN is pushing it's own DNS servers so you can resolve internal systems thus overwriting your existing DNS setup. My workplace uses Sophos VPN (OpenVPN based) and it does split tunnel but pushes DNS servers. I ignore these and avoid OpenVPN from configure them, instead I then do a rule in dnsmasq to conditionally forward workplace.com domain (example purposes) requests to the DNS servers it normally would push, while leaving everything else to use my DNS chain.

Hello,
I want to access https://kachelmannwetter.com. However this website detects adblock. Is there any possibility to whitelist the domains from which the ads are delivered if and only if this website is accessed? I do not want to unblock the domains in general.

To access the listed weather site just free/whitelist 'tag.partner.mairdumont.com'.

Nope, that's not possible.

this simply, quite simply, rocks and works! Thanks a lot. No, THANKS A LOT!!!!!

Sure, does. Been looking for a real test. And your link is 'blocked' so this is rocking great!

@dibdot Thanks, works perfectly

1. Can you please add the oist.nl basic hosts (https://oisd.nl/?p=dl) to the gui sources list ? It's a good one and now being used as the default file for blokada.
    Yesterday I was browsing and have seen an ads website fluffycodepotc.com not blocked by default ticked adblock sources, then I looked online and found that oisd.nl hosts entries can block this website, so it seems a well updated list.

2. How can I add and use this blocklist source now with Adblock ?

Thanks.

Please check the online readme (link is in the first post) and add oisd_basic (which is already supported in 21.02-branch & master) - see https://github.com/openwrt/packages/blob/b86383f038ee46bd63dd50f04b13604bc482de49/net/adblock/files/adblock.sources#L100 for reference.

1 Like

Thanks!
I upgraded to 21.02 then downloaded latest adblock and it worked.

Hi first-timer here.
I have adblock setuped like that:

Status / Version
enabled / 4.0.7
Blocked Domains
Active Sources
adaway, adguard, disconnect, yoyo
DNS Backend
dnsmasq, /tmp/dnsmasq.d
Run Utils
/bin/uclient-fetch, /usr/bin/awk
Run Interfaces
trigger: wan, report: br-lan
Run Directories
base: /tmp, backup: /tmp, report: /tmp, jail: /tmp
Run Flags
backup: 1, reset: 0, flush: 0, force: 0, search: 0, report: 1, mail: 0, jail: 0
Last Run
start, 0m 12s, 514/470/414, 17.05.2021 11:07:19

and dhcp has a tag:

config tag 'adblock'
        option dhcp_option '6,192.168.8.1'

with some hosts using it (option tag 'adblock'). However in the Dns report it seems every client in the network is going through adblock. My current laptop seems to be using 1.1.1.1 like it should but is in the reports with blocked domain. Is there something wrong with the config or reports or something else ?

Thanks!

@dibdot

Usually I keep my builds minimalistic and in my case I simply don't need opkg.

opkg whatdepends opkg

Root set:
  opkg
What depends on root set
	adblock 4.0.7-7	depends on opkg

So this basically means whenever I install adblock the package opkg will be available on the system as well.
Why is there a dependency? Is it really necessary?

Thank you in advance! : - )

Yep, adblock uses opkg to fetch information about DNS and download utilities.

1 Like

Hey, is it possible that ad block breaks after updating software.
I updated all packages that had an update and now ad block is running but ads are still appearing.

Is there a way to run two instances if adblock so I can have different rules and blocklists on two separate dnsmasq instance's?

Also is there a way to disable adblock when setup with multiple dnsmasq instance's as it seems to operate on all vlan segments.

Nope, that's not supported.

Would I be able to recompile adblock with different config file names or something to accomplish this ?
Or is there other hurdles to work through?

Or maybe set up a crontab script to load different configs or something ?

I also read this :
there is an experimental/undocumented option 'adb_dnsinstance' ... '0' is the first instance (the default), set it to '1' to catch the second

My Problem is adblock seems to filter all vlans how and where do I use this ?

I have 3 dnsmasq instance's and I love to set one with strict rules (kids vlan), one with just minimal filtteng (adults) and one admin (unfiltered)

One filtered and one not would be ok also( kids and admin vlan's)

Currently all are filtered by the same rules and I don't know how to make it only operate on one interface, as documentation says it only filters the first dnsmasq instance.

Does this complement block the ads instead of using it on the browser? Niceee

Hello everyone, everything good?
Would anyone know if we managed by Adblocker to block those annoying commercial (advertising) videos that appear in the middle of Facebook videos?
Thanks!

Hi
Could you please replace the reg fr source by this one which include easylist (same as reg-it or reg-nl)?

https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/liste_fr+easylist.txt